i30 Owners Club

i30 PD 2017 - infotainment: 5 inch to 8 inch

shinr3x · 18 · 6251

Offline shinr3x

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
Hello, I'm currently in the process of looking for parts to upgrade my 5 inch color infotainment screen to the 8 inch one so that I can use Android Auto.

From what I can see the forum has schematics for both the 5 inch color and the 8 inch one with navigation (there is another 8 inch model without navigation), which means that this upgrade path is the easiest one.
Based on another photo I found here the 8 inch infotainment with navigation has model number LAN6220EHPD.
I found a site which claims to have this part for a pretty good price, but it also has another code,  RR550G4100.

Does anyone have any idea if the latter,  RR550G4100 , refers to the same piece of hardware as LAN6220EHPD, or if it's something else?

Thank you!
  • i30 2017 1.4 T-GDi DCT7

Offline Majcip

• 2nd Gear

• sk Slovakia
      Slovensko (SK)
Hi, you can find some info here

:link: How to change headunit in i30 PD 5" to 8" OEM

Follow these schemes

Connector A
5" Audio has cable M09-A
8" AVN has cable M15-A

Connector B
5" Audio has cable M09-B
8" AVN has cable M15-B

Buy this cable
:link: Biurlink Factory Stereo Extend 4Pin USB Cable Adapter For Peugeot 206 207 307 308 407 408 508 607 for Citroen C2 C3 C4 C5 C6|Cables, Adapters & Sockets| -,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

And this cable
:link: 1Pc Car Stereo Radio 13pin+61pin Male/Female Plug Wire Harness Adapter For KIA K2/K3/K4/Elantra/Mistra/Tucson Wiring Connector|Cables, Adapters & Sockets| -

Original part for USB is 96120-g2050
or buy this one
:link: Genuine authentic for HYUNDAI ELANTRA AD 2016 2017 USB IPOD AUX Jack Assembley OEM 96120F2010 96120 F2010| | - AliExpress,scm-url:1007.13339.169870.0,pvid:22c815f1-c774-4f3d-80d8-92600dd12b1f,tpp_buckets:668%230%23131923%230_668%23888%233325%2316_668%232846%238116%23919_668%232717%237567%23997_668%231000022185%231000066059%230_668%233468%2315609%23297

The 8 inch units are numbered as 96550S0000PMP and 96550G4100PMP that one is with NAVI
This one is without NAVI 96160G4000PMP

If you are going after one with NAVI you also need to buy this part  97401G4100PMP with SD card slot
  • i30 Fastback (MY 2018 - PDe), 1.4 T-GDI

Offline shinr3x

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
Thanks a lot for the response.
Just this week i ordered the 3 things you linked on aliexpress, and now I need to find a place to order the headunit itself and the air grill with the sd card slot (if i get the one with navigation).

One question: Does the scheme you included apply to the headunit without navigation?
I'm only interested in android auto and  I will never use the included navigation. This means that it would make more sense for me to get the one without navigation.

Which one do you have? Judging by the photos, the one withouh navi right?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 17:47:01 by shinr3x »

Offline oly2020

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      vrancea
don't bother with the questions, I'm waiting for you in Focsani and the problem will be solved. :) :) :)
  • hyundai i30 2019

Offline Majcip

• 2nd Gear

• sk Slovakia
      Slovensko (SK)
One question: Does the scheme you included apply to the headunit without navigation?
I'm only interested in android auto and  I will never use the included navigation. This means that it would make more sense for me to get the one without navigation.

Which one do you have? Judging by the photos, the one withouh navi right?

The scheme is the same for both with navi and a without a navi. They use the same pins. It does not apply to N model variants. The camera did not work on that one and I have none for the N models.

I have both and I can confirm both worked flawlessly. For the Navi unit I had to buy also the cover fan unit with SD card slot since the radio with NAVI has the SD reader slot bellow the radio and emergency signals button is bellow than on the one without.

Offline Stromming

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Sweden

The 8 inch units are numbered as 96550S0000PMP and 96550G4100PMP that one is with NAVI

Do you know which of these have Android Auto and Apple Carplay?

Also, do you know if it's possible to install the NAVI version without buying the fan cover part (97401G4100PMP) assuming I have no intention of actually using the navigation.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 15:54:17 by Stromming »
  • 2018 Hyundai i30 Wagon 1.4 T-GDi

Offline Majcip

• 2nd Gear

• sk Slovakia
      Slovensko (SK)

Also, do you know if it's possible to install the NAVI version without buying the fan cover part (97401G4100PMP) assuming I have no intention of actually using the navigation.

All 8 inch have Android Auto (I heard there are limited support for Android auto in different countries) Apple Carplay.

For AVN unit with Navi you need to have that cover part otherwise you would not be able to fit the previous one as the one with NAVI has SD card reader placed just in the area where the button for emergency signals is located on that cover.

Here is the picture of those two

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 11:30:58 by Majcip »

Offline Stromming

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Sweden

All 8 inch have Android Auto (I heard there are limited support for Android auto in different countries) Apple Carplay.

For AVN unit with Navi you need to have that cover part otherwise you would not be able to fit the previous one as the one with NAVI has SD card reader placed just in the area where the button for emergency signals is located on that cover.

Here is the picture of those two

Cheers!

Offline shinr3x

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
I have finally received all the parts and managed to install everything.
I also changed the USB module and it was the hardest part. At first I reluctant because there was no instruction as to how to take out the shift knob from the shifter itself on an automatic i30. If anyone else has this problem: you just have to pull in the up direction a little harder and the shifter will slide out (i also pressed the little button needed to change gears, not sure if that was necessary). It should also be noted that this procedure is easier to be done when the care is in Drive. I had mine in Park and I couldn't get the lower part of the dash out. The other had part was taking out the USB module from its housing, but in the end everything worked out perfectly.

If anyone else wants to do this operation, I would recommend this detailed post by @Majcip on another forum. It's in Slovenian so some fine things might be lost in translation, but it is very well detailed: :link: Ako nato: Výmena OEM rádia 5" Audio za 8" AVN s navi/bez (BONUS schémy Facelift verzie) - Strana 5 - Hyundai fórum Slovensko

And for anyone that owns or has upgraded to an 8inch with navigation, you can find instructions here on how to upgrade its software: :link: Huyndai aktualizácia rádia 2020 - Hyundai fórum Slovensko
It's just a matter of putting some files on the SD Card, starting the car and letting the upgrade do its thing. Then put the map files and everything is done.
This navi is the GEN 5.0 LG.

Later edit:
The 2021 update seems to be on that same forum: :link: Huyndai aktualizácia rádia 2021 - Hyundai fórum Slovensko
Haven't tested it yet.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 00:12:28 by shinr3x »

Offline Majcip

• 2nd Gear

• sk Slovakia
      Slovensko (SK)
I have finally received all the parts and managed to install everything.
I also changed the USB module and it was the hardest part. At first I reluctant because there was no instruction as to how to take out the shift knob from the shifter itself on an automatic i30. If anyone else has this problem: you just have to pull in the up direction a little harder and the shifter will slide out (i also pressed the little button needed to change gears, not sure if that was necessary). The other had part was taking out the USB module from its housing, but in the end everything worked out perfectly.

If anyone else wants to do this operation, I would recommend this detailed post by @Majcip on another forum. It's in Slovenian so some fine things might be lost in translation, but it is very well detailed: :link: Ako nato: Výmena OEM rádia 5" Audio za 8" AVN s navi/bez (BONUS schémy Facelift verzie) - Strana 5 - Hyundai fórum Slovensko

And for anyone that owns or has upgraded to an 8inch with navigation, you can find instructions here on how to upgrade its software: :link: Huyndai aktualizácia rádia 2020 - Hyundai fórum Slovensko
It's just a matter of putting some files on the SD Card, starting the car and letting the upgrade do its thing. Then put the map files and everything is done.
This navi is the GEN 5.0 LG.

Later edit:
The 2021 update seems to be on that same forum: :link: Huyndai aktualizácia rádia 2021 - Hyundai fórum Slovensko
Haven't tested it yet.

Yes that is my thread in Slovak forum.

The update for 2021 is easy. This time you just download the update, put it on SD card, turn on engine, let it update and done. Maps are included within update file.

And yeah the USB module part is a bitch. That system holds it strongly together.

Offline shinr3x

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
Slovakian not Slovenian, my bad. Got them mixed up when writing :))
Glad to hear the update is a lot easier this time.

Thanks a lot again for all your research and for the organised way you presented it!

Offline Stromming

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Sweden
Hi everyone!

I am going to go from a basic 5" stereo (no navigation/reversing camera) to an 8" touch WITH CAMERA and WITHOUT NAVIGATION

I've begun trying to connect the adapter for now. But as you can see, I have 9 pins left over from 5" stereo that aren't connecting to anything on the 8". Where do I connect them?

A Connector
3 - AUX & USB Jack (USB/IPOD GND)
4 - AUX & USB Jack (SPDIF USB D+)
5 - AUX & USB Jack (SPDIF USB D-)
6 - AUX & USB Jack (USB/IPOD VOD)
7 - Rear View Camera (Camera V/IN)
21 - Rear View Camera (Camera V/GND)
32 - Rear View Camera (Camera P/GND)
36 - Camera Detect : Ground (GM03)

B Connector
25 - Reverse

------------------
Picture shows what I have so far.
1 35+38 adapter
1 USB / Aux port thing
1 USB Cable for the USB/Aux port thing
1 Original reversing camera with an 8-pin contact

EDIT:
I did some more poking around the forum, and it seems that I am missing this 2x6 pin connector?
2x6 pin connector on AliExpress

How would I go about connecting that adapter to my existing one for the stereo? Do I need another adapter to bind them all together?
Should I get rid of the 35+38 adapter and get something else?

« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 15:03:47 by Stromming »

Offline shinr3x

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
This is a quote from the Slovakian forum:
"The camera is detected automatically by 8" AVN unit whereas in 5" there was need to have a connection on cable A on pin 36. Also turning camera on was done when put to R position as 5" Audio would get information through Backup Lamps lighting on cable B on pin 25."
This means that these two pins are not needed anymore.

I for one didn't connect any of these(A: 3, 4, 5, 6), so the jack doesn't work. But that's OK because I wouldn't have used it anyway.
They don't seem to be on the schematic of the 8 inch model, so I don't have any idea where they should go.
The good thing is that everything else works.

And A7 and A21 remained on the same position, since they are used for the same things on both units:
A7 - Rear View Camera Video
A21 - Rear View Camera Ground

In conclusion:

A Connector
3 - AUX & USB Jack (USB/IPOD GND) - NOTHING
4 - AUX & USB Jack (SPDIF USB D+) - NOTHING
5 - AUX & USB Jack (SPDIF USB D-) - NOTHING
6 - AUX & USB Jack (USB/IPOD VOD) - NOTHING
7 - Rear View Camera (Camera V/IN) - A7
21 - Rear View Camera (Camera V/GND) - A21
32 - Rear View Camera (Camera P/GND) - NOTHING
36 - Camera Detect : Ground (GM03) - NOTHING

B Connector
25 - Reverse - NOTHING

Offline Stromming

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Sweden
Ah cheers.

So I bought the other adapter for no reason then maybe? Still not sure if I need it or not, but I guess I will wait for it just in case.

Offline shinr3x

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
Yeah, it doesn't look like you can use that adapter.
At least that's what I think.

Offline Majcip

• 2nd Gear

• sk Slovakia
      Slovensko (SK)
Hey you can find some schemes I upload here.  :Shocked:

There you can see where Camera is connected to what.

:link: Výmena 5" rádia za 8" originál rádio - Stránky 4 - Hyundai club - forum

Hope it helps

Offline Stromming

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Sweden
Super helpful! Thanks!

Offline Stromming

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Sweden
Yeah, it doesn't look like you can use that adapter.
At least that's what I think.
I think I need that adapter.

I'm thinking like this:

I have the normal 5" right now, which means that my Aux/USB thing has a cable that connects like the big one on the right of this picture. And the new is the 8" and it needs to get some of those cables into the smaller cable in the middle, also featured on the picture. So While there are 3 connectors, i think I will only need 2  (I think I can ignore the 3rd on the left), and to change some of them around, so the old connectors can connect to the new ones.

The reason why I want the other connector is so that I don't have to cut / modify any existing cables, I am simply making a plug-and-play system that I can remove if I ever sell the car and want to put original back in for whatever reason.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal