i30 Owners Club

GD i30 Pillar trim removal

mejico · 3 · 3130

Offline mejico

• 1st Gear

• VIC
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to completely remove the the trim form the passenger side A pillar.  I already know how to loosen it, but I need to completely remove it in order to install a DAB+ antenna, as part of the antenna has to be stuck to the metal part of the A pillar.  When the trim is loosened there isn't enough room to be able to do this.

I can see once the trim is loosened, that it's retained by a green clip which lets the trim open up about 40mm.  Does anyone know how to remove this clip without damaging it.

cheers
  • GD i30

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
You just have to twist it with a long plyer on the trim side not on the chassis side. Just take your time removing it and putting it back because the clip can break easily!
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I had to do the same thing on my car, for the antenna loop of a DAB receiver from Aldi. I never could figure out how to undo the clip at the top, but with a bit of bending I managed to pull the bottom edge of the trim out of position and pulled it back far enough to have room to work. The antenna is fitted quite low down, about 50 cm from the top of the windscreen. I used a dremel-type tool with an abrasive head to rub off the paint so the adhesive foil sticks to bare metal.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal