i30 Owners Club

FD i30 left rear door won’t unlock

Offline rielystammers

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Hi Guys hoping someone can help me out. I’ve had this problem before but last time it just unlocked itself later on, the rear left door will not unlock no matter how many times I press the buttons or wind the windows up and down it will not unlock the door! I can see it kind of flicking when I press the button but I can’t push it to unlock or anything!
Any support is very much appreciated
  • 2008 FD 5 Door Hatch, 1.6CRDi, Manual, Silver

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
If flicking its getting a signal. Change the electronic mech after checking/treating  mech, links with WD40 .

\removal is obvious. If still a mystery, see our search data base.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline rielystammers

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Yeah I think it must be jammed with dirt or dust.... the door just won't open so I can't get the trim off of it
  • 2008 FD 5 Door Hatch, 1.6CRDi, Manual, Silver

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Standby, here's my doomsday response. Personally I've had at least 3 maybe 4 door lock failures. Fortunately not with the thing jammed.  My opinion is these do fail, they're plastic geared and going on some of the other plastics I've had fail like window clips and retracting mirror gears I'm going to say that lubing it up probably won't fix it.

I've had no positive results yet with the can.

I have tried.

Have you tried having someone operate the electric button at the drivers master  back and forth and see if you apply pressure at the internal snib if you can get lucky clearing the obstruction.

I should try and find the old ones I've ripped out and do an autopsy for education.

My most recent the lock would work sometimes but once it got hot often it would bump the snib and neither fully lock or unlock electrically. I could internally lock/unlock.

Got caught out eventually when I discovered all doors locked with this one unlocked and then the reverse If I locked it it would not unlock.

SQuirt, squirt , squirt, no change replaced lock , fixed.

Your issue has happened on this forum in the UK I believe.

I doubt  there will be a fix mentioned on how they over came the door locked to get access.

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Do you mean that the actual lever on the door lock is jammed and do not move even if you try to move it manually?

My rear door locks stopped working from the keyfob, but the manual levers still worked. This started to happen in low temps (below -20'C). After a while it happend in normal temps. I was able to open the door manually still. Lubrication did not help. Had to install new lock actuators to both rear doors. They are cheap in Korea. If I remember correctly I paid 80$ for two locks when 1 used from the wreckers would have cost 100€.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Do you mean that the actual lever on the door lock is jammed and do not move even if you try to move it manually?

My rear door locks stopped working from the keyfob, but the manual levers still worked. This started to happen in low temps (below -20'C). After a while it happend in normal temps. I was able to open the door manually still. Lubrication did not help. Had to install new lock actuators to both rear doors. They are cheap in Korea. If I remember correctly I paid 80$ for two locks when 1 used from the wreckers would have cost 100€.
You drive on the wrong side don't you? :snigger: Lucky you, so does Korea, unfortunately for us Righties we miss out on the Korean parts bargains for LHD. :crazy1: Also I suspect we have the deadlock feature but for AUS at least I've failed to find our part numbers for the locks :rolleyes:

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
We drive on the "right" side  :D and by right side I mean the steering wheel is on the left side. RHD parts could be more expensive as they are not so common, but in this case that should not make any difference. I don't see any reason why the door actuators would be different. Steering side should have no affect to the rear doors. Of course there are different actuators for each side, but that should not have anything to do with the side of the steering.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
81320-2L060
81310-2L070

81420-2L010
81410-2L010

Those are fitted to my 08 hatch

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Yeah I think it must be jammed with dirt or dust.... the door just won't open so I can't get the trim off of it

I thank my parents who bashed me every time I said " I cant".

You have to take the trim off . Look for obstructions??? Take back seat out, front seat to max forward.
2 screws inside. Pull up from bottom.
Remove window.
Remove metal panel.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

I thank my parents who bashed me every time I said " I cant".

You have to take the trim off . Look for obstructions??? Take back seat out, front seat to max forward.
2 screws inside. Pull up from bottom.
Remove window.
Remove metal panel.
Thinking outside the square again   :goodjob2: :goodjob: :victory:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
oxy-acetylene? @nzenigma  :head_butt:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
:Shocked:  :faint:  thats way out there . :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Standard Ipswich remedy - the way IN.  :cool:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal