i30 Owners Club

Mileometer display

Offline JBaggaley89

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      South Yorkshire
Hi,

First post on the forum so bear with. So i have had a Huyundai I30 66 diesel for abiut 3 months now. My query is regarding the mileometer while I read that this isent  accurate mine seems mental. Example i can take my wife to work and kids to school (around 6 miles) and this goes down 20 miles?? Is this just normal?? Also what other display setting cam be shown instead of this mileometer?

Any advice greatly appreciated
  • Hyundai i30 2016 Diesel

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Welcome to the forum.

What is an i30 66 ?

what is a mileometer ?
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome:

I think the OP means a 66 plate (but not sure what that equates to in model year)

Mileometer must be distance to empty on Trip PC?

The distance to empty is always very conservative and will change quite a bit depending on the style of driving at the time.

Usually the other info provided by scrolling through the trip PC includes average speed, instantaneous economy plus accumulated and average fuel economy figures. All of these are only an approximate figure.   
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What is an i30 66 ?
As Dazz mentioned 66 plate, and going by the OP's signature that would be a 2016 :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What is an i30 66 ?
As Dazz mentioned 66 plate, and going by the OP's signature that would be a 2016 :)

:snigger: Why didn't I think of that! Must be too excited about my Ceramic coating!  :happydance:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Must be too excited about my Ceramic coating!  :happydance:
I can see another insurance claim on the horizon...full respray required due to someone :whistler: applying a cheap acidic compound which stripped the clearcoat  :crazy1:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Must be too excited about my Ceramic coating!  :happydance:
I can see another insurance claim on the horizon...full respray required due to someone :whistler: applying a cheap acidic compound which stripped the clearcoat  :crazy1:
I always thought clearcoat was over rated..  :snigger:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
:welcome:

I think the OP means a 66 plate (but not sure what that equates to in model year)

Mileometer must be distance to empty on Trip PC?

The distance to empty is always very conservative and will change quite a bit depending on the style of driving at the time.

Usually the other info provided by scrolling through the trip PC includes average speed, instantaneous economy plus accumulated and average fuel economy figures. All of these are only an approximate figure.
I'm running wit trip computer, distance to empty. based of average consumption . when driving on the highway it's fairly good, once in traffic , city driving, average goes up, recalculates dist goes down more than distanced travelled.

If you idled the car long enough the same would happen with no distamce travelled.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal