i30 Owners Club

2010 1.6 crdi indicator relay

amateur · 9 · 11186

Offline amateur

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Kent
I have fitted LEDs throughout my car, but did not change the indicator relay, so the indicators now blink rapidly.
I was given an advisory when I took it for its MOT today.
So my question is "Where is the indicator relay on this car. I know that I can buy LED friendly relays
 I just need to know where it is, please
  • 2010 FD 5 door hatch 1.6 diesel crdi manual blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon:

I can't answer your question directly, but your other option (I believe) is to use "Canbus" friendly LED globes in your indicators.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Forget the CANBUS stuff. It's misleading. Your LEDs either race or they don't. The relay is sitting upwards of the base of your steering column. Recline your seat, stick your head against the footwell among the pedals and your feet over the headrest and feel for the relay, then pull up to remove. Replace with the eBay adjustable electronic relay for a couple of $. I've linked it recently in my posts. Then it won't matter what's CANBUS. You can then cut off any 6 Ohm 50W resistor blocks that your LEDs might have and really save energy.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Forget the CANBUS stuff. It's misleading. Your LEDs either race or they don't. The relay is sitting upwards of the base of your steering column. Recline your seat, stick your head against the footwell among the pedals and your feet over the headrest and feel for the relay, then pull up to remove. Replace with the eBay adjustable electronic relay for a couple of $. I've linked it recently in my posts. Then it won't matter what's CANBUS. You can then cut off any 6 Ohm 50W resistor blocks that your LEDs might have and really save energy.
When your inverted,  which way is up ?  :undecided:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Gonz,

Any chance of finding that link again and throwing it in this thread please to help the OP?

I looked back through the last 4 or 5 pages of your posts (120+ posts) and couldn't find a link for that or those. :undecided:

I may have missed it. Found a link to some replacement LED parkers.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Mate, didn't realise it was in that one.. (it was 3 months ago.. have you any idea how many posts you do in 3 months! )  :crazy1:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Thanks Mate, didn't realise it was in that one.. (it was 3 months ago.. have you any idea how many posts you do in 3 months! )  :crazy1:
I have to admit the more recent posting of this (with a picture) was on our Basefook page. Yes, this forum is one of my daily gotos. :victory:

Offline amateur

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Kent
Thanks. That is the info that I needed
  • 2010 FD 5 door hatch 1.6 diesel crdi manual blue

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal