i30 Owners Club

which front pads on i30 2013 diesel

Offline sheff30

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      sheffield
hi,
I just tried to replace the front pads on my 2013 i30 diesel hatch but when I rang my local spares shop for a set he asked what make of caliper it was. I told him it was a Mobis caliper and he said he didnt have those in stock. Anybody know which pads are for the Mobis caliper? I dont want to get the wrong ones.
  • 2013 1.6 CRDi

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
That's a weird query from them.

I usually go to sgpetch website and look up the part number - I think yours would be 58101.

:link: Genuine Front Pads Hyundai i30 2011-2018 1.6 CRDi (110 bhp) Diesel

Alternatively, head on over to www.partsouq.com and put your VIN into the online form - go through the menus and locate the part number from there. Your supplier should be able to work from the part number.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
That's a weird query from them.

Not really, I won't even order pads where there are multiple options for the car unless the customer has whipped one out for a photo or traced it. Bad business to order in the wrong pads that could potentially sit on the shelves for years because it's cheaper to throw them out than to send them back.

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I replaced the front pads on my 2015 CRDi last year with Pagid pads from ECP. Even then, they had a choice of two different types depending on whether the disc is 280mm or 300mm. Mine has 15" wheels hence the smaller disc size. The Pagid pads include new shims which is a bonus.

If you can find original Hyundai pads at a reasonable price I would use them. I needed mine in a hurry and as there is an ECP branch nearby, that's where I went. Current price is £39.
  • i30 CRD

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
You can't rely on wheel size either. My vehicle is factory 16" and came with 280mm rotors

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
Around 2015 Hyundai changed the brakes on the i30 so 16" wheels were the minimum rim size that would fit around the calipers. My car must have been one of the last to be fitted with 15" rims and smaller brakes.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal