i30 Owners Club

Fitting Cruise Control ....... 1.4 FD CW (Petrol model)

Offline Evelator

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Bayern
Hello,

yeah .... my first post .... yeah ..... and its gonna heavy :/

Well, i got the idea to fit a cruise control module into my car. I drive a Hyundai I30, FD CW, 1.4, 80KW and 90.000 KM. Well, i read the post of batteoui with his DIY way. Very funny, but not really helpfull, because there are some technical information's missing.

What is missing? Well, i doesn't have a clutch switch .... or the wirelayout. And my GDS doesn't have my model in his list. It has only the 1.4 DOHC, and i think that is the wrong car.

Else is to say, i doesn't know, if my clockspring is the correct type. I have a Audio Switch on my steering wheel, but i don't know. I think its the correct one, but i am not sure :/

So what i need is some information.

1. Is the DOHC model my model, so can i use the wiring of the GDS schematics?
2. Is my clockspring the correct one?
3. Where i have to plug the clutch switch? Which pins on my MFI Plug?
4. Does the clockspring goes direct to the MFI Unit? So do i have only to plug in my cc module and its working?

Well, my mind is really messing with me, so many things to know about that project. If there are any questions left, if you need pictures or anything else, ask me.
I am very thankfull for every information, that helps me to make this successfully.

Best Regards
Evelator

Update 1

I think about to buy a complete steering wheel from a wrecked one. There is the wires, cc module and audio model integrated. AND its made of leather :3 So maybe this is a nice idea because i dint have to buy the cc module, wires and clockspring separately

Update 2

well, not really a update .... but thank to the gods of this forum ..... A SPELL CHECK!!!!! Now everyone can understand my bad english  :crazy1: :crazy1:
  • Hyundai I30 CW 1.4

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
There's only 1 type 1,4 Liter petrol engine for the FD i30 and that's the 80 kW/109 PS and that engine is a DOCH  :mrgreen:

The rest I'm afraid I can't help you with...
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Evelator,

Yes, from this page on wiki it appears that Henning (Asterix) is correct about only one version of the 1.4 engine in the series 1 i30.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_i30#Engines

Unfortunately the 1.4 petrol model was only sold in limited areas (for example we didn't get it in Australia or New Zealand) so the number of members who are likely to know the answers to your questions may be low.

If it were me and I could get that leather wheel at a good price and was confident about my ability to switch it over, I would just do it and see what happens. Worse case scenario "a nicer wheel".

Anyway, hopefully someone knows some answers (give our worldwide membership a few days to view and digest your post)

I've added petrol to your title as I believe they also used a 1.4 CRDi in Europe.

Good luck and  :drinks: from the other side of the world (Tasmania)  :happyjumper:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I think parts are more common than you think. I would take the chance and see what happens. Take care with defusing the airbag. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Evelator

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Bayern
Hello to all :D

@Asterix Thanks for the hint. I am now a little bit nervous, because in GDS there is a external module shown ..... that is missing in my car :/ I hope the service of Hyundai can help me there

(click to show/hide)

@Dazzler yes, i noticed that too, there is a really low number of 1.4 petrol cars worldwide. So it get really difficult for me to find fitting parts. The leatherwheel is from a 1.6 FDH diesel engine. The design looks the same, but the wrecker cant tell me if it will  fit or nor :/ So the worst case is a new Steeringwheel :D

@Gonz .... Airbag .... Yup, one of the most dangerous parts from a vehicle. I will really take care of that one. Yesterday i removed the battery ~1h before i started unscrewing my steeringwheel. But i didn't defuse the airbag, i just take it aside. But yeah, i try to not get my face blown off  :sweating:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 11:13:40 by Evelator »
  • Hyundai I30 CW 1.4

Offline Evelator

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Bayern
Well Well, i got a update to announce

The CC Module i posted before is for a older CC. This one is for a mechanical acceleration paddle. But mine is electrical

I found a new button in my GDS System, which allow me to search for inspect and repair instruction  Well well look what i found

(click to show/hide)

When i can believe this little pictures, then i found out the whole pinout for the 1.4 DOCH ECU. I will test this later out, hope for the best
  • Hyundai I30 CW 1.4

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That looks very promising!  :victory:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :happydance: :victory:

Offline Evelator

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Bayern
Well Well,

now i have to wait for a reply of my wrecker. He told me, he think about sell the car part by part or to a seller in poland. So i have to wait until friday.

I will write back, when something new is happening :D
  • Hyundai I30 CW 1.4

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:fingers:

Offline Evelator

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Bayern
Yeah!

My wrecker sold the whole vehicle .... so no new leather steering wheel for me :/ BUT is found a other one, who sold me the CCModul. I build it in, solder some resistors and led in my speedmeter.

After a short test, i noticed there is something missing .... MY CLUTCH SWITCH *****!

Can someone shot me a photo of his clutchswitch and / or write me the colours of the cable? Because there are ~3 twopin-Plugs.

So thats all for this week i think, because i need a clutchswitch and this will not come tomorrow :D

If this project is finished, i will write a "HowTo" cause its very easy. It will include the resistors, LED-Positions, pinouts etc.

I will write again, when my needed parts are here :D
  • Hyundai I30 CW 1.4

Offline Evelator

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Bayern
Well Well,

another week is done. And it didnt work atm.

I dismantle my whole car. And i noticed, there is no plug for my clutch switch. And no wire from my clockspring to my ECU -> Internal Harrnes Plug. SO... f***

Now i assemble my car again and think about what to do. Bring cables from my internal to external ECU will be difficult, because

- If i drill holes in my car, i have the chance for rust on this place AND my cables can get damaged over time
- I can use the orginal plugs, but to find the correct interconnect will get very difficult
- And here is my plan B .... Find the signal of the speed sensor and use a industrial speed regulator for heavy machines .... So i can use the cables of the speed pedal and bring there the signal of the speed regulator. BUT if i have a accident, there can be problems with my insurance .... meh -.-'

So i try to find out how i will do this, and write again, if i have a solution ....

By the way...
I have unplug and replug my Airbags, without gettin my face blown off  :crazy1: but now my car shows me a error .... i dont know how to explain this at hyundai workshop  :whistler:
  • Hyundai I30 CW 1.4

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hopefully someone will know how to reset them without you having to explain. I will bring this to the attention of our most experienced advisor (but he hasn't been on much lately -must be busy) @cruiserfied

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The error might be something that can be cleared by disconnecting the battery for a while? :confused:

Offline Evelator

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Bayern
^Hello,

i found the mistakes i made

1. My parents (i live at home) moved my vehicle while the steering wheel was removed. So they put it on, but doesnt look for the correct position. After i reassembled the car, i noticed that.

2. To have a better look at my Clutch Pedal Switch Position, i removed the Hazard relay. By putting it back, i pushed out the plug at the bottom. So that is, why my turn lights doesnt work.

3. My Airbag error ..... was gone after i reassemble the whole car for the second time. Because the Hazard relay is a reason to remove the instrument panel AGAIN! So.... i think i delete the error logs with remove the battery for another 6h

For fact or matter i "only" needed 2h for disassemble and reassemble. This time i put cables through my car. So, when i have the time (Friday maybe) i can wire my clutch pedal and my clockspring and have fun with my (maybe) working cruise control :D
  • Hyundai I30 CW 1.4

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sounds promising! Good luck!  :Good_luck:

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Evelator. thanks a million for the diagram.
do you know if this diagram also applies to CRDI? (i would think so, no point changing ECU pins just for the sake of it)

how did you go?

I only need to run the wiring from the ECU, the rest i did it years ago, but never got the ECU pins to finish..
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal