i30 Owners Club

Re-introduction...

Mutley · 52 · 8914

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Never heard of ceramic window tint film.. I better google it!
Ceramic tint is the far right (Spectre) one pictured here :link: Window TInt Samples - Thanks to Member Craigb

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
So I should be able to pick up my new car end of next week I'm told. Here's hoping!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
So I should be able to pick up my new car end of next week I'm told. Here's hoping!

:happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
Trying to make our plan now!

Time to find some black wheels. Not certain yet but these all look interesting... gotta decide whether to go 17" like the std wheel or 18 like the n-line.
:link: KING KATANA 18X8 5X114.3 SATIN BLACK WHEEL & TYRE PACKAGE | Autocraze 1800 099 634
:link: NICHE ESSEN 18X8 5X114.3 MATTE BLACK WHEEL & TYRE PACKAGE | Autocraze 1800 099 634
:link: NICHE VERONA 18X8 5X114.3 GLOSS BLACK WHEEL & TYRE PACKAGE | Autocraze 1800 099 634

Then interior led bulbs thanks to this thread: :link: PD Active interior bulb upgrade to LED's
I want to replace all the interior lights. Not sure of the exact bulbs and quantity I need for my PD2 with sunroof... anyone know? I don't have the car yet...
:link: 4X WHITE T10 7020 SMD 10 LED W5W WEDGE TAIL SIDE CAR LIGHTS TURN PARKER BULB | eBay
:link: 2X 12V 31MM FESTOON 7020 4 LED CAR UTE 4WD INTERIOR DOME MAP LIGHT BULB GLOBE | eBay

And maybe reverse bulbs but I will wait to get the car first before buying these...
:link: 2X iJDM T10 T15 W5W 12V 20W CREE CANBUS LED HEADLIGHT SIDE LIGHT BULBS REVERSE | eBay

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The iJDM bulbs are great, I use the same reverse lights and also changed over to their festoon bulbs :link: 2X iJDM 2018 12V 31MM FESTOON LED CAR UTE INTERIOR DOME MAP LIGHT BULB GLOBE BMW | eBay as my previous 7020 festoon's burnt themselves out after leaving the doors open for to long :disapp:

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
Oh! Thanks for mentioning that. I might go for them instead.

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
@CraigB Do you know how many bulbs I need of each type or where I can find out?

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Gunna hafta change title soon  :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Do you know how many bulbs I need of each type or where I can find out?
I've no idea how many for a PD though they will all be listed in your user manual, one of the other PD owners might be able to give a quick answer if you can't find them...the other option is popping the light covers off and start counting :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I've no idea how many for a PD though they will all be listed in your user manual, one of the other PD owners might be able to give a quick answer if you can't find them...the other option is popping the light covers off and start counting :)

He hasn't got it yet... and it has a sunroof so different to mine.

Offline GaKu

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
      Zealand

• 2011 1.4 petrol
I sold my white 2010 SLX in 2013 for a VW Golf but am looking to come back to an i30 because of the Golf money pit!

Hi John,

Would you mind elaborating on the money pit part whenever you have time?

Thanks!
  • 2011 i30

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
Gunna hafta change title soon  :lol:
The question is...to what?  :razz:

Yeah don't have the car yet  :razz:

I sold my white 2010 SLX in 2013 for a VW Golf but am looking to come back to an i30 because of the Golf money pit!

Hi John,

Would you mind elaborating on the money pit part whenever you have time?

Thanks!
Meaning the car keeps having issues after 5 years of age...that's why we are ditching it. In fact it broke down this morning again!  :scared: :'(

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I haven't found the paint that susceptible to finger nail scratches  in this car unlike a silver Nissan tiida the wife owned previously.  But at that price you can't go far wrong. That  other film is cheap too!

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
Maybe it was my previous white cars that made it show the most...
What other film? The cheap $3 stuff?

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
I thought about getting the clear door cup films as well. They used to get a yellow coloring to them after a long time (not sure how long it took and probably don't anymore), also i have seen them on a mates car where they had gunk around the edges of them and it didn't look good. But he had a white car so the black outline from the build up stood out and he was too lazy to buy a new set and replace them. Would probably be fine on my gray paint. So far I don't have any scratches or marks under the handles, unlike the front bumper :P.

Whoever did that write up you linked above for the Interior light upgrade to LED's seems to have done a pretty good job too :). I think i read somewhere that the models with sunroofs have a light above the passenger doors in where the handle is in the roof. The lights are pretty much the same as the ones under the sun visors in the front (31mm Festoon) and they just pop out the same way. Just those lights don't have a switch they have a button instead. Make sure you do your own research first, I manually checked all mine first before i ordered.

I haven't done the reverse lights as I haven't had a problem with their brightness and if I was to do something then i would just do the SR taillight upgrade as well because I think their taillights are a lot neater then the Active ones.
  • 2018 I30 Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Maybe it was my previous white cars that made it show the most...
What other film? The cheap $3 stuff?

The bigger sheet in your link.

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
@Dazzler Ahh righto.
@galixia Yeah the edges are a good point to keep in mind... I have decided to wait to get the car this week before ordering the lights so I can double check...

Now I just need to work out my wheels. I've done some calculations and it seems compared to the OEM wheel, the tire will stick out 11 mm farther. Rim will stick out 24 mm farther. That is based on OEM wheels 17x7 +51 to 18x8 +40 and tyres 225/45/17 to 225/40/18.

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
Picked up my Golf yesterday after having to get the throttle assembly replaced....  :fum:
and today we pick up our new i30 :listentomusic:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Picked up my Golf yesterday after having to get the throttle assembly replaced....  :fum:
and today we pick up our new i30 :listentomusic:

:mrgreen: :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
My new PD2! Need more time to play with it and adjust car settings. :happydance:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal