i30 Owners Club

PD4 Nline - LKA no audible warnings on any settings

tomrdy · 9 · 6147

Offline tomrdy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Hi everyone - new PD4 N line Premium owner here from Aus (so no updated exterior for me unfortunately).

As is forum etiquette across all the car clubs I've been apart of, here is a pic  :P

Bought the car new and besides some exterior defects from factory - that will hopefully get fixed by Hyundai - the car has been lovely.

A functional issue I discovered today though is that the LKA does not seem to trigger any audible warnings. As it always resets to full "Assist", I've driven it like that most the time and it does a decent job so I don't mind it (and wouldn't want audible sounds anyway). However, today I decided to see what "Warning only" does... and discovered... F all!

With the SCC/LKA screen on my dash selected, I can see that the lanes are being detected with the white lit /  \  . However, when I purposely run the car over the lanes (in Warning only mode), all that happens is either /  \ turning yellow. That's it - no audible chimes or steering wheel haptics.

Is this normal? Manual says that there should be both audible warnings AND vibrations - though the pictures do show the pre-facelift console.

I've checked ever setting I could find and have set Driver Warning sounds to be "HIGH". Nothin... am I missing something?

• N Line Premium DCT

Offline Ratmick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Macedon Ranges, VIC
Hi everyone - new PD4 N line Premium owner here from Aus (so no updated exterior for me unfortunately).

As is forum etiquette across all the car clubs I've been apart of, here is a pic  :P

Bought the car new and besides some exterior defects from factory - that will hopefully get fixed by Hyundai - the car has been lovely.

A functional issue I discovered today though is that the LKA does not seem to trigger any audible warnings. As it always resets to full "Assist", I've driven it like that most the time and it does a decent job so I don't mind it (and wouldn't want audible sounds anyway). However, today I decided to see what "Warning only" does... and discovered... F all!

With the SCC/LKA screen on my dash selected, I can see that the lanes are being detected with the white lit /  \  . However, when I purposely run the car over the lanes (in Warning only mode), all that happens is either /  \ turning yellow. That's it - no audible chimes or steering wheel haptics.

Is this normal? Manual says that there should be both audible warnings AND vibrations - though the pictures do show the pre-facelift console.

I've checked ever setting I could find and have set Driver Warning sounds to be "HIGH". Nothin... am I missing something?

I have a PD.4 N-Line (non-Premium version and 6sp manual) and the same colour.

Mine definitely makes noise as well as prompting you to move back within the lines by moving the steering wheel in the direction it thinks you should be going...but I turn the thing off as soon as I start moving.

There are two settings on top of one another where you are looking for the LKA / \ and there is a steering wheel icon in the mix as well, I gather this may be the steering prompts.

As far as I can tell by cycling through the controls there are separate on/off modes for LKA and the steering wheel with the same button.

You may have LKA on and the wheel prompts off.

I've only had mine for about 4 weeks so am not 100% across the controls myself yet...
  • 2021 PD.4 5 Door N-Line Hatch, Petrol 1.6l Turbo, 6sp Manual, Fluidic Metal

Offline tomrdy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Hey Ratmick,

The steering wheel icon next to the / \ would be the Lane Center Assist (LCA) I think it's called?

My car defaults with:
- LKA on Assist
- LCA off (steering wheel button can toggle this)

With the default, car does assist and push the car away from lanes as expected (bit of ping ponging)- but no sound.

Just to confirm, is your pd4 the same as above at default - and you're getting audible warnings?

I have yet to get to highway speeds though I don't think it would be speed dependant (only tried between 60-80kmph).

I don't recall if LCA ON gives sound warning - I've been using the feature (great in bad weather) but hadn't wondered about audio prompts till now to notice. Will need to pay attention next drive if it's tied to that as I believe PD3s didn't come with it - and the owners manual looks like a mixed bag of info.
  • N Line Premium DCT

Offline tomrdy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Experimented a bit tonight with LCA on/off and absolutely no warning sounds - even when the "Keep hands on steering wheel" prompt came up, no audio alert.

Doesn't seem right to me so I think something has bugged out. Time to call the dealer  :head_knock:
  • N Line Premium DCT

Offline Ratmick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Macedon Ranges, VIC
Experimented a bit tonight with LCA on/off and absolutely no warning sounds - even when the "Keep hands on steering wheel" prompt came up, no audio alert.

Doesn't seem right to me so I think something has bugged out. Time to call the dealer  :head_knock:

Yeah I think you're right.

I went out and took a pic on mine, I gather because mine is (a) a manual and (b) a non-Premium model it may have a different set of switches.

Mine defaults to both on and I hold down the /O\ button to turn both off. A shorter button press allows you to toggle through different combinations and colours (and I have nfi what each does)...

Offline tomrdy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Mine looks the same but I didn't know you can hold it down for different options?

Might go give this a try right now.

What colours does yours cycle? Mine just makes the steering wheel icon disappear/appear.
  • N Line Premium DCT

Offline tomrdy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Right, just had a play and mine works as follows:

/O\ long press - turns off LKA / turns on previous option (assist or warning). Always independent to LCA
/O\ short press - toggles on/off LCA only

I believe our cars have different infotainment displays which is seemingly making control of this different.

Hmmm

• N Line Premium DCT

Offline Ratmick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Macedon Ranges, VIC
Took mine out this afternoon.

LKA turns on by default and lights up white, over 70km/h this seems to turn to green.

As you approach a line it will actively try and steer you away from the line, if you ignore this or offer resistance it beeps at you.

With just the steering wheel lit it just flashes at you and does nothing else.

Offline tomrdy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Thanks mate, that confirms mine's buggered as it does all that - except no beep.

I've spoken to the dealer and they'll be taking a look at it when I bring it in for the 1 month service. I'll report back what happens (for benefit of others in future).

• N Line Premium DCT

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal