i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 2010 crdi sideskirt

Offline steplay

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northern Ireland
Hi guys and thanks for all your help on my last post.could someone tell me if its possible to buy a left hand side sideskirt for the above model here in the U.K and where?

If I cant buy one is there anyway to repair this one.there appears to be two clips broke on the side skirt itself leaving a gap in the middle of it between car body.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 21:01:18 by steplay »
  • Hyundia i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Can you post a picture of the issue. I would be tempted to just clear silicone the section that is gaping and lean something heavy up against it for 24 hours. Think you would be hard pressed to find one and if new would probably be expected to buy a set. Then you've got colour issues etc... an expensive nightmare! :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline steplay

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northern Ireland
Here is a pic of the gap between side skirt and body.from what I can see when I pushed it back the clip holders on the side skirt are broke.
  • Hyundia i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Here is a pic of the gap between side skirt and body.from what I can see when I pushed it back the clip holders on the side skirt are broke.

It's not a big gap I think my idea with Silicone Sealant or similar, used at an adhesive and then a prop against it overnight should do the trick. In the unlikely event you could source a brand new one you have the cost of spraying as well as the cost of purchase and then the colour match for a faded car. If you could source a used one from a wreckers the clips could be damaged getting it off and you're back to square one and getting one in the right colour would be near impossible over there I imagine!

Offline steplay

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northern Ireland
I have heard tiger seal is a good adhesive and would do the job.what would you recommend?
  • Hyundia i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I have heard tiger seal is a good adhesive and would do the job.what would you recommend?

I don't know tiger seal but you could talk to a car accessory shop or hardware store and explain what you intend doing and see what they recommend.

In my opinion something clear would be best so once you wipe or cut any excess off it is not obvious. The other consideration is that it needs to be non solvent based. By that I mean something like silicone sealant that won't dissolve or react with the paint as you don't want the painted metal of the body potentially exposed to rust going forward.

Offline steplay

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northern Ireland
Tiger seal can be painted on when dry if that's any help to you???
  • Hyundia i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Tiger seal can be painted on when dry if that's any help to you???

I just googled it. Yes, it does sound like it would do the job.  :cool:

Again I would suggest propping something against the side skirt to keep it tight until the adhesive has well and truly dried.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal