i30 Owners Club

Spirit Hyundai, Corby, UK

MrWB · 3 · 1673

Offline MrWB

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I had my two year service with Spirit Hyundai in Corby, UK going back earlier this year.

They didn't mark everything on the official check sheet, and the tech whilst stamping my book and signing the sheet didn't sign my book. They also said my front tyres were red and needing immediate attention at 4mm - but didn't tell me about this when bringing the car back.

4mm is more than twice the legal limit, but if it was red and needing immediate attention they should have phoned me whilst doing the service. When I challenged them, the service lady said that they should never have been marked as red and she's always having words with the techs about it, and I'd got at least 2 years left on the tyres.

The tread is still legal 7 months later, but I have started having the ABS cut in, and have lost traction so I've had them replaced this week....

Still I don't feel confident by what was at least a sloppy service - I did take it up with both the dealer and Hyundai directly at the time. A little miffed that Hyundai never followed back up with me.

Overall though, a very different level of service to Hyundai Milton Keynes who I went to for the 1st year interim service, and have always been more than willing and helpful to assist on the phone, even when there's no money in it for them at that moment in time (like helping me deal with the sloppy service from Spirit Hyundai). I'd only switched dealer because I'd moved further away from the Milton Keynes dealer and slightly closer to the Corby dealer. I'm now more than happy to travel that little bit further for the better service.

So.... Apologies for not sharing sooner, but thought I should still leave feedback to hopefully help other i30 owners in the area....
  • 2014 GD 5 Door Hatch, Blue Drive Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, White, Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that. Very well explained.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
Thanks also. There are a lot of dealers out there now who get work through this practice.  The last dealer I had for my Astra used to send out a video to you showing the faults on the vehicle in situ a good idea. I doubt very much if they had the nerve to give the red or failure on your tyres during an MOT.  Money grabbers is all I can say. Also a signature on your service book is not asking them a lot. Travel to the dealer who you trust.
  • 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 CRDi auto White.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal