i30 Owners Club

New tyre advice.

Guest · 3 · 2840

Iani30
Hi, the OEM tyres on my i30 are Kumho Ecowing.  36,000km and three tyre failures.  Two sidewall hernias and a puncture.  I will stretch the life on these as far as I can, however I would like to fit a better tyre when the time comes.  Could anyone recommend a good tyre for highway and rural area use?  Also annoying, the spare tyre has no TPMS sensor so I have driven the last 6,000km with a warning light on the dash.  Thanks, Ian.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I've read the sensor in the valve should be transferred to your running tyre at changeover (can't very well do that roadside, though). As for decent tyres, I've had the much maligned budget Diamondbacks do a much better job - seriously. I've also used Solus with good results and the Continentals are popular.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Venca77

• 1st Gear

• au Australia

I'm not a professional tyre person but I am happy with my Bridgestone Potenza Adrenaline RE003. I've had them for over a month now and running them at ~37 psi. The car 'feels' safer in wet conditions, and sticks to the road around corners nicely. Product stock was running short in October when I purchased - due to "the Covids" - so it might be best to short list what you can get your hands on, and ask others here if they have any experience with the brand/model.
Best of luck with your search.

Cheers  :goodjob2:
  • 2017 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0lt, Auto, Iron Grey

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal