i30 Owners Club

My i30 Mod project - need a rear body kit

Offline Steve101

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Macedon Ranges, Victoria, Australia
Hi all,

I'm starting a plan to mod my stock standard i30 after many weeks of trying to decided on some new rims.

I've decided on 17x7 CSA Black Hotwires but I need to accentuate it with some black trims and an overall visiual enhancements , without going over the top.

I've spoken to a vinyl wrap expert who has offered some suggestions for some subtle enhancements all over the car including:

- vinyl wrap side mirrors
- considering vinyl wrapping the roof
- plastic dip the badges in black
- black side skirts
- weathershields on all 4 side doors
- tinted/black bonnet protector
- tint the rear lens
- infill the number plate with black vinyl wrap
- black slimline plates.

The only conundrum I have is the rear bumper and it's round curved profile.  I feel it needs some angular additions to make it more appealing.

Ok so I can only find one rear body kits after a lot of searching. Below is a before and after pics of the one I've located on eBay.

The body kit attaches across the lower part of bumper and includes two exhaust ports although I think I'll only fit the right-hand outlet because I can't justify the cost to get both fitted.

One yhing I don't want to do is to turn this into an N look. I just want to personalise it and give it a more sporty look.

Any thoughts or opinions?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 05:06:28 by Steve101 »

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Steve101

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Macedon Ranges, Victoria, Australia
The rear bumper skirt will look good :goodjob2: some black window tint to go with your black wheels would make a huge visual improvement as would black plasti dip on the grill and badges :)

Some other options on body and skirt kits......................

Thanks for all the links, I appreciate it. I will look into these during the next couple of weeks and report back.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks for all the links, I appreciate it. I will look into these during the next couple of weeks and report back.
Glad to help :goodjob2:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal