New 2015 Grille

CraigB · 115 · 46384

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
What an absolute stuck up tosspot of a reply. It's an i30 at the end of the day, blinging it up will not make you any higher on the royal hierarchy sunshine.

My 2 cents

Administrator Comment Slight over-reaction me thinks. Craig was just quoting facts! Craig secured a Premium new grill, which has a bit more bling than yours. We try to show more respect to other members around here if you don't mind!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I am disgusted that a poster should be so insulting to a respected member of the forum, just because he takes a pride and pleasure in improving his car.

If it were up to me - I would ban him - we have no room for uncouth and aggressive contributors here
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
What an absolute stuck up tosspot of a reply. It's an i30 at the end of the day, blinging it up will not make you any higher on the royal hierarchy sunshine.

My 2 cents

Hmm you are right there, it is an I30 so it cant go higher on the royal hierarchy.

Learn some manners.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:53:42 by AlanHo »
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

My 2 cents
Someone has major insecurities issues :rolleyes: I was just pointing out that there are differences between the two types of grills for those that may not have known.

This is also your second attempt at trying to throw insults my way so maybe you need to deal with that inferiority complex before coming back to the forum and making a further fool of yourself  :whistler:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:54:13 by AlanHo »

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
This thread has certainly attracted it's fair share of abuse...   :whistler:

Offline Javich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia
Hi Craig

How do you install/remove the license plate mount?

I have the other grill even I have an elite, but it's tourer  :P anyway the thing is that it also comes with the massive plate mount for Europe. I thought at the beginning it was cool now I think a smaller plate mount will show more of the grill silver strips.

My car has slim plates btw, I considered cutting the existing plate mount but on second thougths looks like a good way to uglify the car.

Probably will have to check with the dealer if they have something for slim plates.

Just been down to Rocky Hyundai to finally pick up the license plate mount, doesn't look to bad I don't think as I put smaller black surrounds on the plate as well, some slim lines would be more appealing still but that can wait as the next step now is the exhaust :D

• 2015 GD 5 Door Elite Tourer (Wagon), Diesel 1.6lt, 7DP Dual Clutch Auto, Red.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi Craig

Just a few screws behind the rego plate.

I think my plate mount would still be small enough to suit slim plates W 280mm x H 115mm

Offline Javich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia
Craig apologies for hijacking your post, I just wanted to share my experience.

In my case the tourer has a grill with plate holder as part of it, ie, it is part of the grill, nothing to be mounted/dismounted so that the actual chrome strips in the middle are very short.

One thing I couldn't stand is the plate been installed below the actual holder so I had to work on my first modification, plate frame was adding to the height so I got rid of it. I like the result.

I am inclined to add so chrome strips that run all the way on those horizontal thin bars. Hopefully it won't look bad  :lol:

Hi Craig

I think my plate mount would still be small enough to suit slim plates W 280mm x H 115mm

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That's odd, you can buy the grill without the plate mount and there are also options to have the plate mounted at the bottom with front spoiler kit ( pictured below ), possibly the mount clips on in your one which would mean you'll have to remove the front nose cone.

I was at my Hyundai service centre last week where the service/parts team were doing up a new i30 with your Grill, there was no license plate attached and they had completely black sprayed the whole grill and emblem...looked very good :goodjob2: and they'd done a spoiler kit and put 18" wheels on it.

Maybe Tim - Cruiserfied might see this post and have some advice on how to remove yours if possible :undecided:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 15:27:01 by CraigB »

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Another thing you could do is contact your local Hyundai service centre and ask why the "huge" Euro plate mount hasn't been replaced with one that is applicable to our plate sizing, surely they cant leave it like that :Shocked:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I would have thought that the mount would come off but i could be wrong. I'll see if i can find anymore info today.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Craig apologies for hijacking your post, I just wanted to share my experience.

In my case the tourer has a grill with plate holder as part of it, ie, it is part of the grill, nothing to be mounted/dismounted so that the actual chrome strips in the middle are very short.

One thing I couldn't stand is the plate been installed below the actual holder so I had to work on my first modification, plate frame was adding to the height so I got rid of it. I like the result.

I am inclined to add so chrome strips that run all the way on those horizontal thin bars. Hopefully it won't look bad 

Hi Craig

Nice colour! But I have to agree, grill doesn't look as nice as Craig's with the shorter bars and big blank area...

Offline Javich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia
Trust me, there is nothing to dismount, all is part of a single piece. My guess is that it given that this car is manufactured in Czech Republic for European markets it is more economical to do so.

As to the dealer, well they haven't been very proactive during this time, on the other hand I see countless of cars from all different brands fitted with european plated mounts I don't think a dealer will bother fitting the right mount given the myriad of plate size that Australia offers.

I think I just have to live with it, I like it moving that plate slightly above, and also add that chrome strip to see how things look.

That's odd, you can buy the grill without the plate mount and there are also options to have the plate mounted at the bottom with front spoiler kit ( pictured below ), possibly the mount clips on in your one which would mean you'll have to remove the front nose cone.

Maybe Tim - Cruiserfied might see this post and have some advice on how to remove yours if possible :undecided:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I see what you mean now, bugger :disapp:

If it was me I'd buy a new grill from Shark Racing just to get rid of that mount, but that's me :)

Offline Javich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia
Nah, it would cost me a few hundred dollars, yet I think I can improve the looks with only $3, I will let the club evaluate the results when finished.

If it was me I'd buy a new grill from Shark Racing just to get rid of that mount, but that's me :)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Time for an old-new grill, resurrecting the classic as I gave her a nice coat of matt black today and she's come up a treat, lets see how long it takes me to fit as it looks so damn good I want to fit it now :)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Two and a half hours later and she's done :sweating:

While I had the front off decided to try something different with the induction, as you can see the standard box is back in with a K&N filter, now fitted up to the larger 60mm throttle body and I've fitted some 76mm ducting to the intake side of the airbox then routed it down through the well and behind the bumper to catch the cooler air.

The flow should be roughly the same as what I had with the pod setup due to the increased intake volume though it'll get cleaner air now.

Here she is looking lean and mean :) I need a bloody cup of tea after that :coolingoff:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Too much time on your hands mate!  :eek: NIce job of spraying the old grill.

Not sure which I prefer, but you are the one that has to be happy. :victory:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
That's 1 EFN nice grille.   :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Too much time on your hands mate!  :eek: NIce job of spraying the old grill.

Not sure which I prefer, but you are the one that has to be happy. :victory:
Either grill I like but I felt like it needed a change, with the original impact foam back in place the bumper sits a little nicer :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Do you think you'll sell the other one or keep it as a spare.  :cool:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Probably end up selling it, my collection of spares in the garage is getting rather excessive with exhaust pieces - tail lights - springs - filters - OEM intake parts and tons of aftermarket induction fittings.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah, your garage will be getting smaller by the day!  :eek:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Definitely not much room here, I could move it all to the other house but then if I ever wanted something it wouldn't be here if I needed it, plus I cant be bothered transferring it all :lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal