i30 Owners Club

ECU reprogramming

CraigB · 213 · 54541

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Well i am sure any modifications to this little beauty would be better than the 93-97 Kw's it has from factory. It is still a great little car to drive around.
I enjoy driving the car but after reading this thread i am considering some performance upgrades to mine :).
I am also going to Japan for 2 weeks Next month. Can't wait to go!  :happydance:
Hi Vivalazuzu, yeah the mods certainly made the car more enjoyable to drive, reasonably sporty now :) some more top end torque would be nice but with only one choice of headers (short main tubes) I had to settle for bottom end and mid range improvements, stock is 99kw's so your car just got some more power :lol:

Enjoy Japan, I'm very much looking forward to it :happydance:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Going to go have a talk with the guys at Quantune tomorrow, lets hope they have some better qualified file writers :fingers: they seem to have done some good work on the non turbo Veloster which uses the same engine as mine, their parent company owner Terry morgan in England informed me they can make extra adjustments for my recent changes.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Spoke to Mark yesterday from Quantune, he's answered some of my questions and confirmed the problem with tuning these cars as Hyundai messed with the Bosch ECU and thoroughly screwed up the ability to identify files without thousands of hours of research to decrypt and make sense of it all :rolleyes: the Veloster didn't get the same bastardized ECU which made them more easily readable.

Not all hope is lost though as there has been sufficient time now for the guys in the know to put in the valuable hours needed and they do have the capability to adjust several more AFR and timing files so I'm going to run the toy up on their dyno next week and see what they have to say...hopefully just a bit more timing advancement and leaning out a few areas in the AFR's can now easily be fixed.

I've already made a change to my exhaust (again :)) ditched the bottle 150cpi catalytic converter due to lacking flow rate and ability to clear up the o2 mixture correctly which threw an occasional o2 engine code on cooler weather days, replaced the bottle cat with a Euro 4 type ceramic cat which will compensate for not having 2 cats...a pre and post Euro 3 type catalytic converters.

Euro 4 cats have a much higher metals content giving better cleaning results and are also larger giving increased flow due to larger surface area, it's working well so far and can feel a slight increase in bottom end torque and it's also knocked a couple of decibels of the exhaust note which was annoying me around the 100kph limit.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal