i30 Owners Club

What i30 PD/Elantra GT Parts and Mods are Available out There?

Offline pkmaster

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ontario, Canada
Looks like some neat mods are cropping up here and there for the PD.

I know the link says Hyundai Avante/Elantra, but it leads to some Korean tuning company I presume?

:link: Body kits : Hyundai i30 (PD) 2017-present 5-door rear diffuser + front mask piano black

These look like fairly simple modifications. A little too simple and cheap looking to be honest, but it's there.

Just out of curiosity and discussion sake, what other mods are out there available for the PD at the moment?

Edited...first link was removed due to Iranian web hosting advertisements.
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, 2.0l Gasoline, Auto, White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for those links PK. I think the first one (exhaust) is pretty much what the SR/GT gets as standard. Like you say the front diffuser isn't that exciting. Don't think there is a lot out there yet, but it will come.  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Something changed on the first link when I was trying to view it, kept taking me to a Iranian web hosting site so I removed it.

Unfortunately the 2ltr wont get much of a look into with the Korean performance/modification groups, they seem to be more interested in the 1.6ltr engines which are starting to come through with some mods on the PD's :link: Hyundai i30 - i30 2018+ - Page 1 - Shark Racing

Offline pkmaster

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ontario, Canada
Something changed on the first link when I was trying to view it, kept taking me to a Iranian web hosting site so I removed it.

Unfortunately the 2ltr wont get much of a look into with the Korean performance/modification groups, they seem to be more interested in the 1.6ltr engines which are starting to come through with some mods on the PD's :link: Hyundai i30 - i30 2018+ - Page 1 - Shark Racing

Ah that's odd. Sorry about that. I wonder if the old URL is the same as this one (http://www.junbl.com/index.php/yf-t-gdi-2/item/205-hyundai-avante-md-2010-1015) The site only has an aftermarket muffler system that looks like some bolt on kit that attaches after the resonator. It has a few specs saying it has an increase of about 9 HP and about 80 dB loud. That's a little wild come to think of it; the noise.

That's neat to see. I wonder how interchangeable the parts and electronics are between the Veloster 1.6 turbo and the 1.6 turbo in the i30 PD. North America seems to really love their Velosters here in the Hyundai tuning scene, as well as the Genesis' (Genesi? Genesises?).

I saw some ECU tuning service for the 2.0L Elantra GT on some US tuning website somewhere. I believe that's the only 2.0 related tuning service/parts I've seen so far.

I can't wait to see some interesting projects involving this car though. Maybe an engine swap or AWD setup? It'd totally be exciting if someone decided to use the i30 body as a rally car, though the longer wheelbase would deter a lot of teams i'd assume.
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, 2.0l Gasoline, Auto, White

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

I can't wait to see some interesting projects involving this car though. Maybe an engine swap or AWD setup? It'd totally be exciting if someone decided to use the i30 body as a rally car, though the longer wheelbase would deter a lot of teams i'd assume.

That would be the i30N 2.0 litre Turbo...

See numerous videos and reviews on here and youtube.  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal