i30 Owners Club

Hi from Brisbane

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Hi everyone,

Just picked my first ever Hyundai yesterday, A 2017 PD Active, 2.0 petrol, 6 speed manual, Black.

Cheers,

CT

• 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue
Hi there, Cookie Thumper :D

:welcome: to the forum.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
hi Cookie Thumper

:wttc:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome CT,

Congrats on the new car. I've driven a good mix of the new PD models and most of the current Hyundai range, but haven't driven a manual 2.0 petrol. She would be quite a zippy car, particularly around town!

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Welcome CT :D

Nice car :victory:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Welcome CT,

Congrats on the new car. I've driven a good mix of the new PD models and most of the current Hyundai range, but haven't driven a manual 2.0 petrol. She would be quite a zippy car, particularly around town!

Cheers, Not sure on the zippyness as ive not given it the herbs yet (only has 16km on it) but am hoping it is atleast as good as the 2014 Mazda 3 I had (165hp/auto) in Thailand, I was going to buy another 3 but the i30 won due to the better level of features and price.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome CT,

Cheers, Not sure on the zippyness as ive not given it the herbs yet (only has 16km on it) but am hoping it is atleast as good as the 2014 Mazda 3 I had (165hp/auto) in Thailand, I was going to buy another 3 but the i30 won due to the better level of features and price.

Looking forward to some feedback when you have had her for a week or two. I think you will be well pleased (as some Poms say). I have the 201hp 1.6 Turbo SR and yet I feel due to the DCT trans the 2.0 petrol 6 speed auto is actually sportier off the line (unless I put mine in Sport mode)

They feel rock solid and are certainly a class leader now.

BTW, as I suspected they are quite a rare breed. Of the 345 i30 Actives on Carsales only 42 are manuals.. which is only around 12%  think.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Welcome CT,

Looking forward to some feedback when you have had her for a week or two. I think you will be well pleased (as some Poms say). I have the 201hp 1.6 Turbo SR and yet I feel due to the DCT trans the 2.0 petrol 6 speed auto is actually sportier off the line (unless I put mine in Sport mode)

They feel rock solid and are certainly a class leader now.

BTW, as I suspected they are quite a rare breed. Of the 345 i30 Actives on Carsales only 42 are manuals.. which is only around 12%  think.

I got this one as a dealer demo that had never been used (lol @ a manual dealer demo) , had 3km on the odo when I picked it up yesterday.

Once I start it giving it some berries I'll report back with a comparison to my maz 3, but given this is manual (I hate auto's but cannot get fook all in manual in Thailand) I feel the i30 will come out on top !!

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'Day Cookie,

:wlcome01:

Enjoy the new ride.
Don't be too shy about letting it know how it's going to be used .  :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld