i30 Owners Club

Diesel GD2 '14 Engine Light and start/stop issues

t4orce · 39 · 12309

Offline t4orce

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Beyond my experience. so you primed it with the plunger until it got firm? There's another pump in the top of the tank.

Thinking back to when I ran Liquidmoly through one of mine , it was able to run straight from can disconnected from the filter.
I don't know how much you want to fool around with this as  if this is going to be a waranty claim you may already be walking the line with an aftermarket filter and DIY but it is what is is already.

The guide is here.

:link: How to clean your Diesel Fuel System ? LIQUI-MOLY Australia

What I'm thinking is doing the same but with a container of fresh clean diesel and see if it runs.

If it does but does not when connected back to the main filter then that may point back towards the pump in the tanks.
Also are the lines connected the right way around? one is feed , one is return or basically are they connected how they were originally?

Yeah I primed it until firm indeed and the fuel lines can't really be connected the wrong way around as one's male and one's female plug.
Tempting about the Liquidmoly, saw it in store when I had my Diesel Golf and would love to use but at the moment I'm waiting to have the car taken to the Hyundai Service Centre..
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 23:44:56 by t4orce »
  • i30 GD2 CRDi 2014 Auto 128hp

Offline t4orce

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
So it turns out that I've still got factory warranty for another 13 months or so, the Service person was very helpful and said I can bring it in anytime
He even gave me the number of the person who tows their cars, unfortunately I was busy with work and only managed to ring very late so waiting to see if/when he can tow it over to the Service Centre sometime.

Meantime, OBD2 mini scanner arrived and had a quick peak. I was able to connect and if it's correct got the below:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Pray WTY covers it. Sounds expensive as in potential ECU issue.  question is if the ECU is to blame will you put that mod back on???
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline t4orce

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Pray WTY covers it. Sounds expensive as in potential ECU issue.  question is if the ECU is to blame will you put that mod back on???

Yep well guess I'll find out  :sweating:
Car is finally with Hyundai and should be checked by Friday apparently, curious as well..
As for the mod, I'm really not sure to be honest. The Racechip Ultimate which I've got isn't exactly cheap and not a run of the mill ebay product. Apparently it caries with it a '2 year engine warranty' which I'd have to look into perhaps but of course I don't just wish to start a blaming game at this stage. :rolleyes: I really like the i30 and hope things get sorted out so I can enjoy driving it again  :goodjob2:

Offline aranciataoz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Also can anyone tell me if they get the momentary red light coming on on the left side of the dash(white arrow) just before starting? Can't remember if that was there before the problem started. Does anyone one know what it is? It doesn't stay on so I guess shouldn't be worried, more curious than anything..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
@t4orce   Any updates? Progress?  :scared:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline t4orce

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
They only called me last Friday when they could actually look at it and asked me a few questions such as 'did I have issues putting the car into gear?' but today I drove past to get an update and apparently the mechanic reckons there's a problem with the Ecu and that they're in touch with Hyundai.  I'll update again when I find out more  :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
They only called me last Friday when they could actually look at it and asked me a few questions such as 'did I have issues putting the car into gear?' but today I drove past to get an update and apparently the mechanic reckons there's a problem with the Ecu and that they're in touch with Hyundai.  I'll update again when I find out more  :goodjob:

That sounds promising.  A lot better than no fault found.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline t4orce

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
That sounds promising.  A lot better than no fault found.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

It is very promising, in fact I've just picked up the car and it has a new ECU installed under warranty. I also have the paperwork with a long list of troubleshooting by the mechanic etc(One of the scan faults was indeed 'P062E Fuel Injector Driver Circuit Performance. Bank 2')
Other codes were 'EPS DTC C1700 Byte Coding Error'. For anyone interested, I've attached the written report.

I have to say Customer Service was great and very helpful. Now I just have to drive it and hope it's all good..

As for putting the Racechip back in, I don't think so. I will look into perhaps getting in touch with the company and see what they say but at this stage I just need a safe & reliable car after all that gets me from point A to B

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal