Author Topic: Do all Hyundai diesel cars have Blue Drive?  (Read 124 times)

• scotland Scotland
    West Lothian
  • i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
Do all Hyundai diesel cars have Blue Drive?
« February 11, 2018, 04:30:36 »
Just noticed the car Iím looking to buy doesnít say it has Blue Drive like my 2014 model, will this affect the fuel economy or how the car runs. Thanks guys, Iíve not got a great deal of car knowledge so hopefully someone can help.
Car is a new generation i30 1.6 crdi

• Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV 6 speed manual

• au Australia
Re: Do all Hyundai diesel cars have Blue Drive?
« Reply #1 : February 11, 2018, 05:20:09 »
Blue drive is Hyundai speak for stop go engines. Ie when you stop the vehicle at the lights the engine will stop and restart when you go to take off this is the only change to how the car runs.

Will it effect the fuel economy, it really depends if your going to spend a lot of time in heavy traffic I guess.

There are plenty out there who would love to be able to turn this technology off.

• 15 i40 sedan CRDI 62k RIP  12 FDi30 CRDI 105k Formerly 10FDi30cw CRDI 136,101km

• Laughter is the Best Medicine...
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
« Reply #2 : February 11, 2018, 06:09:30 »
 :whsaid:

That feature is not offered in any Australian delivered i30s which are built in Korea rather than Czech Republic. Most Aussie diesel owners are more than happy with their fuel economy.

There are a lot of perameters to be met before the stop start works properly. Hyundai have not been particularly good at engineering that feature in the past.
  • MY18 PD SR & 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer (Prev had 2008  i30 CRDi & MY11 Petrol CW)

• Geriatric Teenager
  • england England
    Solihull, UK
  • KIA Niro 2 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
« Reply #3 : February 11, 2018, 09:07:00 »
My experience with blue drive on the two i30's I owned is that it made very little difference to economy - I am convinced it is not worth the aggravation you get from it being so temperamental.  It is more a sales gimmick that a positive benefit.

I am one of those who would have like to have had it turned off

My son has a 2 year old Golf GT and the stop-start on that works faultlessly.

Wise words from Dazz in the earlier post - Hyundai need to develop it further - or abandon it.
  • 2017 KIA Niro 2 1.6 petrol Hybrid