i30 Owners Club

New gmail.

John B · 18 · 3686

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Any of you guys that use gmail tried the new one just released ? I am not to sure about switching yet. I have the message try new gmail , they state you can switch back to the old one if you are not keen on the new one. I have read that some people have been unable to switch back so a little hesitant to try it. Some reckon they lost all their contacts.  :undecided:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Haven't heard anything about it.
Or maybe I have but I tend to gloss over "new" or "updates' or "improved"
If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my motto.

I do use gmail though.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Any of you guys that use gmail tried the new one just released ? I am not to sure about switching yet. I have the message try new gmail , they state you can switch back to the old one if you are not keen on the new one. I have read that some people have been unable to switch back so a little hesitant to try it. Some reckon they lost all their contacts.  :undecided:
Can you screenshot it and give us a look? I've got GMAIL and seen nothing about a new version.

I trust you use it daily?

Is it legit?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Google also have another email option other than Gmail - Inbox.
Supposed to be better but both get installed on Android devices & mail gets into both apps.
Not sure which is better though.
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
With surf & tw,
Haven't heard or been offered an "upgrade" with my gmail accounts.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Can you screenshot it and give us a look? I've got GMAIL and seen nothing about a new version.

Is it legit?

Yes I use gmail all the time. If you go onto gmail and click on the settings cog on the right  you may have " try new gmail now ", it is on mine so it seems genuine. link below explains it.

:link: Gmail account upgrade - How to update Google email and get new features now | Tech | Life & Style | Express.co.uk    PS.  The links in the next post will explain it better
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:19:08 by John B »
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Okay,
Will have a squizz
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Is it legit?

Yes I use gmail all the time. If you go onto gmail and click on the settings cog on the right  you may have " try new gmail now ", it is on mine so it seems genuine. link below explains it.

:link: Gmail account upgrade - How to update Google email and get new features now | Tech | Life & Style | Express.co.uk    PS.  The links in the next post will explain it better
Indeed it does, so I clicked on it. LOL

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Good on you , do you like it ? and now the thing is can you switch back to classic ?  :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I only have gmail  as part of the google/Android thing. I don't actively use the address so I only get crap like tapatalk and pintrest stuff which I've tried to stop. New and improved email usually means better for the provider... more adds etc.. cynical, who me?  :evil:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
My first 'prompt' to snooze a google email 2 weeks ago (Android App) asked me the question "Are you sure you want to archive all 27,984 items in this folder?"

Guess they had a few hiccups early on :snigger:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Just tried the new gmail. I am a person that is not keen on change but I really like the new gmail.  :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Just tried the new gmail. I am a person that is not keen on change but I really like the new gmail.  :goodjob2:

I might give it a gander.  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Good on you , do you like it ? and now the thing is can you switch back to classic ?  :goodjob2:
Yep, gives option, Go back to Classic GMAIL. It's ok, no biggy , probably a little clearer to use

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Yep, gives option, Go back to Classic GMAIL. It's ok, no biggy , probably a little clearer to use

I think the confidential mode will be handy for some when they bring it out. Do you think it will self destruct in flames when you set a time for it to disappear.   :snigger:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

I think the confidential mode will be handy for some when they bring it out. Do you think it will self destruct in flames when you set a time for it to disappear.   :snigger:
maybe

ns

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal