i30 Owners Club

I30 PD Bluetooth v’s IPod

Offline MartyMarch

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NE Victoria
Hello!
This is my first post. My new Elite arrived a week ago and, overall, I am very happy with it. A delightful car. My only niggle is that when my Samsung phone is in the car and I want to access music in my IPod I press the Media button and it defaults to the music on the phone. The IPod icon doesn’t appear. If I remove the phone and take it a good distance away I can access the IPod which is connected by cable. Am I doing something wrong/missing something? Thanks.
Marty.
  • i30 Elite

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
There is a connection priority for BT devices, sounds like your phone is higher priority than the Ipod. I would assume that connecting the Ipod via cable it will become accessible through the media function.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Marty,

I don't use an Ipod, but I'm sure you could adjust a setting in the car stereo menu or your phone to stop this happening.

From memory the first time you marry them up you have a choice of permissions.  :undecided:

I guess Hati is saying the same thing a different way.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline MartyMarch

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NE Victoria
Thank you for the welcome and the comments. Yes, there was an option in the phone’s Bluetooth settings to not allow access to the phone’s music files and, having activated this restriction, the Media button now brings up the IPod menu as the default. So, problem solved. Thanks very much!
Marty.
  • i30 Elite

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Awesome! I wish all requests/enquiries were that easily solved.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal