i30 Owners Club

Cruise Control, maybe a head unit upgrade

Offline thebeardedone

• 1st Gear

• za South Africa
      Cape Town
Hi guys

I have a 2012 FD. It currently has 160k kms on it and I plan on trading in just before 200k kms. I do about 1200km a month. So I'm wondering if it's financially worth while to add cruise control and/or upgrade the head unit from the gd-01. Nothing to serious just looking for advice and opinions from fellow South Africans who have done this and can give me an idea of the cost and whether or not it's worth while

Thanks
  • 2012 i30 5 door petrol 1.6, manual, white

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
The local dealer wanted R10k to add CC to my 2011 model, which was nearly 10% of what I paid for the car back in 2014 - so I told them no. It can be done yourseld, the parts can be had from eBay and it shouldn't take long providing the clock spring doesn't need to be changed. Do you have the 1.6 or 2.0?

Regarding the head unit, there aren't many aftermarket options available unfortunately. One step up is the factory head unit with Bluetooth, but that's also the only benefit I can see unless you manage to shoehorn a third party Android head unit in there

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

• 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline thebeardedone

• 1st Gear

• za South Africa
      Cape Town
Hi

Thanks for the feedback. Mine's the 1.6. Which side of the country are you from? I'm wondering if maybe dealers in certain parts try to screw customers worse than others
  • 2012 i30 5 door petrol 1.6, manual, white

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Hi

Thanks for the feedback. Mine's the 1.6. Which side of the country are you from? I'm wondering if maybe dealers in certain parts try to screw customers worse than others

We have the same G4FC motor then. I am from PE, and your side? Have you asked the local Hyundai dealer on pricing?
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal