i30 Owners Club

New PD2 Elite 2.0 owner

UX305 · 12 · 2902

Offline UX305

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Oh, didn't realise there as a "Hi' section so... Hi from Brisbane!

Just a little background how I ended up with the i30 and this site... My old car was a Mazda CX-5 (first gen) and while it was a really good car, found it was too big (never really used all that space other than that one big Ikea run) and I really missed the zippiness of low, small hatches. Before the CX-5 I drove a Ford Fiesta which was great but it was largely purchased after watching Jeremy Clarkson's epic review on Top Gear complete with the British navy beach landing  :lol:.

I really liked the Mazda but didn't love it so I felt like trying a new brand (sorry, Mazda 3). Any hatch reviewer on the planet mentioned the VW Golf in whatever hatch they were reviewing so... of course I test drove the 7.5 DSG. Very nice car, didn't fall in love. Walked to Hyundai dealership next door, test drove a i30 Active (2.0), immediately felt it was a perfect fit. For the same budget that I was prepared to spend on a lower trim Golf, I purchased the i30 Elite with *almost* all the bells and whistles. Love how it looks, 17" wheels and chrome bits, smooth and easy engine and transmission, all the tech. It practically drives itself on smart cruise control and active LKAS  :Shocked:.

Enjoying my first Hyundai experience, feeling financially savvy after giving VW a miss BUT... that was before I read the great deals that other i30 owners got on this forum.

I might step up to SR or N next time (PD3 or PD's successor?). I'm quite intrigued by Hyundai's rise in design, quality and brand perception the past few decades. Already found this site really helpful (thanks CraigB and Dazzler!) and will be keeping up with i30 things here!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:17:35 by UX305 »
  • 2018 PD2 2.0 Elite White

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
welcome mate, same as you.  I stumble into this forum while searching for more info on the I30 SR :) .. sort of stuck here ever since, and that was a long time ago, back in August 2018 :P
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Excellent intro. Nice to hear a bit of background. Do you mind if I ask your first name. I try and use first names if i know and remember them. Good for my memory and makes for a friendly vibe (I'm Dazz or Darryl)

Yes, they are great value and have a nice dollop of character compared to some other brands. :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline UX305

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi, Dazz! My name is Al!

UX305 is a terrible user name I know... it happens to be the name/label of my laptop  :lol:
  • 2018 PD2 2.0 Elite White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi, Dazz! My name is Al!

UX305 is a terrible user name I know... it happens to be the name/label of my laptop  :lol:

Cheers Al,

I'll think of you as Big Al, that should remind me what your name is.

Dazz or Dazzler comes with the territory when your name is Darryl and you have a big toothy smile.  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'Day Al-305, 👍,
Enjoy the car & the site  :victory:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline stkman

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland, NZ

• 2008 1.6 cRDi manual Elite in Stone Black
I think it looks great in white Al.   And I like the tinted windows.

Andrew
  • 2008 1.6 manual diesel Elite

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"
Congratulations! Great choice. I've owned 4 Hyundais now (among others), most recently a 2012 i45. My PD SR Premium is the first new car I've owned but by far the best ever. Love it.
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I think it looks great in white Al.   And I like the tinted windows.

Andrew

I totally agreeing with you.  No Bias what so ever  :whistler:
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal