i30 Owners Club

PD 2 sr premium drivers air bag issue

Offline Pupp37mas73r

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi, I have been having trouble with my air bag light turning on intermittently, I have taken it back to the dealer twice, first time they needed it for 2 days, the second time 3 days. I just picked up the car from the dealer after being told they gelled the connectors and it is working fine. I drive home and the air bag light cones on. My question is, I want dealer recommendations in Melbourne, because 5 days in total to figure out an air bag issue seems over the top. Thanks in advance!
  • 2018 i30 sr premium pd2

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Melbourne City Hyundai we're great with us changing our Turbo and diagnosis. Frankston Hyundai has been good to us as well with faults
  • 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi, I have been having trouble with my air bag light turning on intermittently, I have taken it back to the dealer twice, first time they needed it for 2 days, the second time 3 days. I just picked up the car from the dealer after being told they gelled the connectors and it is working fine. I drive home and the air bag light cones on. My question is, I want dealer recommendations in Melbourne, because 5 days in total to figure out an air bag issue seems over the top. Thanks in advance!

Welcome! Sorry to hear that! That's a new one on here. They are a brilliant car, but having a few QC issues unfortunately which earlier models generally escaped.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
How many times for it to go back for the same fault before the lemon law flag can be raised ?
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Is there still an airbag connector under the drivers seat in 2018?

I recall having a similar issue in my 2008 FD, caused by my continually moving the seat position.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Which seat/seats is/are showing?

The seat that shows, is it vacant of weight i. e. bags?

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Which seat/seats is/are showing?

The seat that shows, is it vacant of weight i. e. bags?

wow  :Shocked:  5 separate lights? Im going to get me a PD.  :happydance:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
How many times for it to go back for the same fault before the lemon law flag can be raised ?

:goodjob2:

This could become a situation that endangers passengers. I would go back and blast the dealer big time.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
So many things could make this happen.
Once more to the dummies,  tell them that you have "jelled" that they are full of it.
 Undo what they have "done" in case of problems down the road and put in writing what they have done.
Hope you got a loaner before as you want another one this time.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Pupp37mas73r

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Dealer said it was the drivers door sensor, I have booked it in at another dealer this week, as my original dealer is going through a transfer of ownership and they could not offer me a loan car. Surprisingly the light hasn't come back on again like it was. Before it was on 70% of the time. It now just comes on breifly here and there.
  • 2018 i30 sr premium pd2

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
7 out of 10 points for Jell  :goodjob2: almost worked  :phone1:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal