i30 Owners Club

Thanks and Goodbye

Offline pmel018

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Wokingham, Berk
Well, have just parked my i30 Turbo at the Mini dealers in part exchange for a 3door Cooper S with an excellent extras package. The i30 has been a flawless performer  for over 3 years and I had hoped to move on to an N series car. However Hyundai Uk don't keep either model in stock and the delivery time is in excess of 6 months! as the cars are assembled in Korea only. Shame. My last three cars have been Hyundais and I had hoped to continue, but the UK showrooms are full of overweight, under-powered rubbish.
 I haven't been a particularly prolific poster here, but often have a read through to see what is going on, and really enjoyed the forum as a whole.
So, thanks, goodbye and safe driving.
Phil
  • i30 Turbo

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Well, have just parked my i30 Turbo at the Mini dealers in part exchange for a 3door Cooper S with an excellent extras package. The i30 has been a flawless performer  for over 3 years and I had hoped to move on to an N series car. However Hyundai Uk don't keep either model in stock and the delivery time is in excess of 6 months! as the cars are assembled in Korea only. Shame. My last three cars have been Hyundais and I had hoped to continue, but the UK showrooms are full of overweight, under-powered rubbish.
 I haven't been a particularly prolific poster here, but often have a read through to see what is going on, and really enjoyed the forum as a whole.
So, thanks, goodbye and safe driving.
Phil
:goodjob2: Cheers.  :thanx:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
 :wss:

cheers
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
@pmel018 . No need to leave.
We welcome all types here.
Quite a few members (myself included) have moved on to other models for a range of reasons.
We'd welcome your reports on the Mini.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
All the best Phil - and good luck mate   :Agoodjob: :topmegacool:

PS, you can still stick around and enjoy the banter :D

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wts: I'm a bit partial to a mini (preferably being worn by a dolly bird) but barring that some pictures and a report about your new car in Members other motors would be appreciated. 

Don't forget to tell us if you have any trouble with the new car too...  :evil: :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline pmel018

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Wokingham, Berk
OK well perhaps not goodbye then. Have only done about 400 miles on the Mini as yet but the 2000cc engine is quite a torque monster. Will put togetther a better report and some pictures if the weather ever cooperates here in the UK
  • i30 Turbo

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal