i30 Owners Club

Micro2 Blade fuse and saftey question

Guest · 4 · 1268

Dantrasy
Hi. So we got our N Line a few days ago. We're very pleased with the purchase!

Today I popped out the passenger side vanity mirror light so I could swap in a led. The light was switched off (or course). The bulb was in very tight so I used a plastic knife tool to get it out. But in doing so the metal on the bulb must have touched something it shouldn't have and the interior lighting fuse blew.

On the board there are spare fuses, but no spare 7.5amp fuse (the one I need).

So I put in one of the spare 10amp fuses and everything works. Is this ok for a week or so? Or should I take it out and wait until the 7.5 Narva fuse arrives.

fyi supercheap did not stock the 7.5 micro2 fuse. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 12:16:18 by Dantrasy »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Glad you are enjoying your new N-line.

I'm sure it will be fine but there must be a reason they don't use a 10 amp. So if you can live without interior lights until the replacement comes I think I would take it back out...  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Don't sweat it. If there's nothing to suggest you'll exceed 10A, which would be for a short circuit situation such as you fumbling with it, no problem. With an LED in there, you're probably pulling mA now anyway. Put a 7.5A fuse back in next weekend.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Dantrasy
Thanks for the comments. I’ll get the 7.5 back in ASAP. I have a 5 pack on order.

In the meantime I change all the interior lights to whitish blue led, expect the main dome. Not sure how to tackle that one so I’ll get to it later.

The lighting looks great. :happydance: Prior to pickup, Hyundai fitted soft blue footwell lighting too. Adds a nice feel imo.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal