i30 Owners Club

100,000 miles scheduled maintance? timing elements

Offline KOGArdMhacha

• 2nd Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Co Armagh
Hi Folks

My car is currently approaching the 100,000 miles mark, i am new to Hyundai ownership and i an enquiring as to what should be the scheduled maintenance required in relation to the engine timing, water pump and tensioners?

Thanks
  • FD 2011 1.6 CRDi manual Black

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi Folks

My car is currently approaching the 100,000 miles mark, i am new to Hyundai ownership and i an enquiring as to what should be the scheduled maintenance required in relation to the engine timing, water pump and tensioners?

Thanks
I don't believe there is a schedule for those. The motor has two timing chains. The water pump is external of all that and driven my the drive belt.  Undoubtedly as the miles rack up the chain will stretch, guides and tensioners will wear and it'll get a bit more rattly.

Going on what I have, at your mileage it should still be ok but I have noticed over the 200000k getting to 240000k on one of mine I can hear a bit of chain noise developing.

May have read of a couple catastropic failures getting towards 300000k which ended up in engine replacements but over here these are so reliable and plentiful used that  you can pick up a good used one cheap.

I have a rattly motor with original timing approaching 400000Km .

Bit of a job doing the chain, special tools for the small chain as it drives the fuel pump.

I'm yet to have a water pump fail.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal