i30 Owners Club

Offline wackychocolatefactory

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Sydney
HI all!

Here's my thread about my 2011 FD i30 CRDi Turbo Diesel.

There's a few gremlins that need fixing
  • Turbo has a leak, cannot rev it too hard or it goes into an engine protection mode and cannot rev past 3k RPM
  • Clutch slave cylinder has a nut on the end of it  :scared:
  • 2 door locking actuators are broken

What's in store for this project:

• Replace interior lamps with a warmer colour
  • Dashmat, wheel cover, weather shields
  • Phone mount on drivers side of windscreen and route the USB cable neatly to centre console
  • Car seat covers & mud flaps
  • Window Tint: 35 front sides, 20 rear sides, 10 on valance panels, 35 for rear
  • Dashcam front and rear
  • Speaker system
  • Roofracks maybe
  • USB OBD2 module and possibly a RaspberryPi
  • Paint exterior chromed plastic to either white or black, maybe paint door handles
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 10:04:17 by wackychocolatefactory »
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, White

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Sydney
Replace interior lamps with a warmer colour

Unlike many people, I actually wanted to "downgrade" my interior lights  :whistler: The white LEDs that were in it when I bought it just felt way too harsh at night time. Felt like I had a spotlight on me.

Just noticed I don't have any after photos as of yet, one day I'll get there  :lol:

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Sydney
Dashmat, wheel cover, weather shields

Went and bought myself a Shevron dash mat (I like the stock-ish style of it not covering the passenger airbag and going the full length of the dash.

Got a black sheepskin steering wheel

Put on some black weather shields

BONUS

After driving my car a couple of times, my father-in-law ended up buying one himself. He picked up a 2011 SLX CRDi. He says he doesn't care about the body on cars so hoping he might want to part ways with his alloys and rear spoiler for a decent price  :whistler:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Nice mini-epic you've got going. Looking forward to seeing more of your progress. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Sydney
Snatched up a good deal for some rims the other day, $200 for the set of 4, tyres are in pretty good shape as well  :happydance:
(Also couldn't help myself and grabbed some foglights and colour-matched exterior handles)
I really like the grey colour of the rims and plan to paint the chrome bar on the front the same colour (while keeping the hyundai logo the original chrome to match theme of the rims)

While I was there, picked up a replacement part so the front passenger door can work again  :rofl:
(Looks like someone tried a bit too hard to remove this from the door handle and snapped it off)

Had some time this afternoon and got the new door handles installed. I reckon it looks so much neater with the white over the black. However I will need to go on a fishing expedition inside the door of the first handle I did, as the bolt that holds the bit of plastic next to the handle fell out of the socket screwdriver  :crazy1:

« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 07:39:53 by wackychocolatefactory »

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
A little trick I use to hold cross head screws and other small bolts and fastners to screwdriver etc is a little bit of blu-tack (or similar). That comes from my own bitter experience of dropping screws off the end of a screwdriver and then having to go magnet fishing.
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Sydney
A little trick I use to hold cross head screws and other small bolts and fastners to screwdriver etc is a little bit of blu-tack (or similar). That comes from my own bitter experience of dropping screws off the end of a screwdriver and then having to go magnet fishing.
Great trick, will use this next time I have to deal with tricky bolts!

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Sydney
Put on the new rims and mudguards today, really happy with how things are coming together  :crazy2:

Side from the Back:

Side from the Front:

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Sydney
I found a good deal for a white spoiler for 80 bucks the other day, but unfortunately Greater Sydney has just plunged into a 2 week lockdown so will have to wait a bit for that one  :(

In the mean time, I found a picture of my old 2000 Ford Festiva GLXi while rummaging through an old hard drive.

As you can see I used to be a fan of spoilers  :sweating: :rofl:
(Changing the rear wiper on that car was an absolute c**t of a job  :lol:)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 09:48:32 by wackychocolatefactory »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal