i30 Owners Club

SatNav updates no longer available for my 2013 i30 GD

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

• 2013 i30 Premium auto,petrol hatch - Dazzling Blue
    • Sydney Pet Rescue & Adoption
Had my 9 year old car serviced today and enquired about the latest update for my SatNav. I was told there were no more updates available as the SatNav system has been changed in the new cars. Just thought I would mention it in case others are not aware.

I haven't actually installed any updates once the free ones finished as I thought $150 to upgrade was a bit steep when it is always a year out of date. I use a Navman GPS instead for long trips.

Also the system rebooted itself over a year ago and lost all saved information. I set it up again and all working fine.

If I ever buy another car, the SatNav will not be a priority if upgrades  have to be paid for and only available for a set number of years.
Is this only with Hyundai cars I wonder ?

Another ongoing issue is that I can only unlock the car on the drivers side by using the remote as the right door unlock button does not work any more. Passenger side works fine.
Is too expensive to investigate when I checked with auto electrician so am not worrying too much about it. It did start working recently but died again.

Haven't posted for quite a while, hi to everyone again.
Cheers, Lucy
  • i30 Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal