i30 Owners Club

Replacement of the battery

Offline Psalcedas

• 2nd Gear

• pt Portugal
      Lisbon, Portugal
Hi guys,
I have a Hyundi I30 1.6 crdi Comfort+Navi from March 2018.
It has the original battery.
It seems that the battery is in need to be replaced.
Is there any special procedures in the replacement because of the start&stop sistem and because of the electronic part if the car? Or it can be changed like a regular battery?
Any help will be welcome.
Best regards
  • Hyundai I 30 1.6 CRDI Comfort + Navi 2018

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I've replaced batteries on the 1st & 2nd generation i30 diesels without any issues. Apart from resetting the clock, that's all. It needs to be an AGM battery because of the stop/start. I'd suggest getting one from somewhere local in case you need to replace it under warranty. I replaced the one on my 2015 car with a Yuasa battery in January 2019, and it became faulty after 6 months. I took it back to the store, they tested it and arranged for a replacement to be sent out, no quibbles.
  • i30 CRD

Offline Psalcedas

• 2nd Gear

• pt Portugal
      Lisbon, Portugal
I've replaced batteries on the 1st & 2nd generation i30 diesels without any issues. Apart from resetting the clock, that's all. It needs to be an AGM battery because of the stop/start. I'd suggest getting one from somewhere local in case you need to replace it under warranty. I replaced the one on my 2015 car with a Yuasa battery in January 2019, and it became faulty after 6 months. I took it back to the store, they tested it and arranged for a replacement to be sent out, no quibbles.

thanks friend, i bought one and it´s replaced.
Also got the clock off as you said, i don´t know how to fix it, the icon is switched off
  • Hyundai I 30 1.6 CRDI Comfort + Navi 2018

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal