i30 Owners Club

Liqui Moly Ceratec - anyone used? Thoughts?

Bob.W · 3 · 1175

Offline Bob.W

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour
Hi All,

Picked up a few bottles of Liqui Moly's Ceratec recently. Changed the oil & filter on our 2017 Diesel PD yesterday, only 70xxxkms on it.

I know from experience, additives can be of dubious tanglible value (mmmm placebo effect!) but Ceratec is one of the few oil additives out there with pretty strong supporting evidence and near universal feedback of benefits.

Furthermore unlike others it claims it 'anneals' to internal engine surfaces and provides benefits for up to 50,000km.

So just wondering if folks have used and if so any thoughts?  FWIW I change my oil every 10,000km - generally go with whichever C3 rated has been on special - currently ploughing through a 20L tub of Valvoline Synpower 5w-30.
  • 2017 PD 5 door hatch, diesel 1.6lt, auto

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've always found these extra additives snake oil imo, stick with a good quality full synthetic oil and perform services at the required intervals and you'll be good to go :goodjob2:

Offline Endeavor

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      BC
Several years ago i used it once in s 3.8l Mitsu engine. There are no adversarial effecrs from the use, but i did not see anything noticeable to change .. like fuel consumption for example.
I still run this car.
  • 2012 Elantra Touring FD 2.0 Auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal