i30 Owners Club

Loud clicking/rattling noise between 1700-2000!rpm

CDNi30 · 10 · 4179

Offline CDNi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney Australia
Happy I found this forum and Hello from NSW Australia. Recently bought a 2012 i30 cw crdi automatic with 89000 km on the clock from a dealer. Car is making a loud clicking/rattling noise between 1700-2000!rpm. Found a small pool around one of the injectors. Not sure if overspill or fuel I didnt smell it but looked clean. Still under stat warranty so took to an independent mechanic before taking back to dealer, independent mechanic said something definitely wrong most likely injectors, fuel pump or timing chain tensioner? Pretty broad. Took it back to dealer they sent the injectors off to be tested. All were cleaned and adjusted and one was found 'out of spec'. Picked up the car yesterday. Fuel efficiency is better but the sound is still there. What could this be? I asked the dealer for paperwork from testing place because my gut is telling me they need to be replaced not cleaned. Can anyone help me diagnose this problem? Included a short video. Sound happens cold or hot. Usually worse on an incline. Sounds like a loud sewing machine.
Thanks in advance guys. Ok so I dont know how to include a video. Compressed to under 200kb but cant upload.
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 cw

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
You can upload to youtube and link back here ;)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CDNi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney Australia

Offline CDNi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney Australia
https://youtube.com/shorts/pnlCvUto_vM

I will take a better video tomorrow this was very quiet. It usually sounds more like a rattle and very noisy.
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 cw

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Offline CDNi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney Australia

Offline CDNi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney Australia
Dealer has said that the car will be sent to a Hyundai dealer for PCM update. I hope that fixes it. I have read through a few similar threads this forum and seems like changing the injectors solves the problem for someone..
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 cw

Offline blavcteam

• 1st Gear
Dealer has said that the car will be sent to a Hyundai dealer for PCM update. I hope that fixes it. I have read through a few similar threads this forum and seems like changing the injectors solves the problem for someone..

Hi only occur when you push the gas pedal if like that try to clean and set injektor parameters and coded it with computer
  • 1.6Crdi

Offline CDNi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney Australia
Did this fix the problem for you? They have tested and cleaned my injectors, next week will be sent to Hyundai for pcm upgrade. Fingers crossed.
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 cw

Offline blavcteam

• 1st Gear
Did this fix the problem for you? They have tested and cleaned my injectors, next week will be sent to Hyundai for pcm upgrade. Fingers crossed.

Yes, they replace 2 injectors location, and rememory location with code
  • 1.6Crdi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal