i30 Owners Club

FD window switches - door connector pinout?

rwh · 5 · 1162

Offline rwh

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Wellington
Hi,
My driver's side (right) switch for the passenger (left front) door has been faulty for some time, but I didn't get round to getting it sorted. Now the passenger side switch has gone as well - I can't wind the window up, so the car isn't secure (or weathertight).

I've got the door trim off, but haven't figured out what the pinout is on the connector. I found a diagram online (maybe for the right car?), but wasn't able to translate that to a method to wind the window up with a paperclip. I did figure out how to make sparks, and burn my fingers on the hot paperclip.

Can anyone tell me what the pinout is, and how to use that to get the window up? It might also help me diagnose whether it's actually the switch at fault.

That's the immediate task - I may well just take it to a pro to get it fixed.

It's an 2010 FD Elite (I think - it's on the registration docs, but no badge on the car) wagon, 2 litre petrol.

Cheers,
Richard
  • 2010 FD 5 Door Wagon, Petrol 2.0l, Auto, White, RHD

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Offline rwh

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Wellington
Would help if you posted the wire colours and how many?

Good suggestion.
7 Wires:

orange, red, green, pink(?) (thin), black (thin), blue, white/beige?

However, I took it to a workshop today - they took a different approach I should have thought of - took off the plug direct to the motor, where there are only 2 pins, so it was a simple matter of applying power to those the right way round to wind up the window, leaving the car secure.

I'd still like to find wiring info to help diagnose the switch, if I can.

Thanks,
Richard

Offline Basshead

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
When we bought our 2010 i30cw, the drivers door controls wouldn’t wind any passenger windows up. A couple of months ago the driver window winder mechanism completely failed and I ended up replacing the winder mechanism (same size as the door card!) and the controller at the same time. It might be an easier option to replace the whole controller unit than just a switch as the controller is virtually a sealed unit.

I bought them from http://partsfactoryaus.com.au/ and they have great YouTube tutorials too.

Rich.
  • i30cw 2010 2.0L petrol auto wagon

Offline rwh

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Wellington
When we bought our 2010 i30cw, the drivers door controls wouldn’t wind any passenger windows up. A couple of months ago the driver window winder mechanism completely failed and I ended up replacing the winder mechanism (same size as the door card!) and the controller at the same time. It might be an easier option to replace the whole controller unit than just a switch as the controller is virtually a sealed unit.

From what I can see, switches aren't generally sold without the controller unit anyway. I don't need the motor or winder mechanism, and certainly don't want to pay shipping for it :-)

I'm going to start by removing the switch, and see how much I can dismantle it. Hopefully it only needs cleaning ...

I bought them from http://partsfactoryaus.com.au/ and they have great YouTube tutorials too.

They seem to have the driver's cluster and the rear switches, but not the passenger one. And I'm not sure how much to ship to NZ. Will research sources more thoroughly if I need to buy.

Cheers,
Richard

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal