i30 Owners Club

ESP Light

Offline gordoben

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
Hey all,

have done a little research but just needed to post for some further clarification.

2009 petrol i30 - 200,000km - power steering replaced last year under warranty due to failure. Could not believe was under warranty but they said known fault.

On way back from the gym this morning i noticed the light, thought i bumped it with my knee but noticed i couldn't get it off.
Drove home from work today and only came on once i got on the highway.

It appears the best thing to do is use a scanning tool, however most are around $120 bucks from my local repco or super cheap auto and for hyundai to run diagnostics i got quoted $130 last time.

My general question is why would it only be coming on after a period of driving and is never on for the first 5-10 mins of driving. I really cant get into a dealer to get it checked until next Tuesday and i need my car until then.

Just a side note the car drives fine, steering is perfect and no obvious things going wrong.

Anything i can do at home just to do simple diagnostics?
  • 2009 i30 2.0 petrol

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
electronic stability programm light can come on if one tyre is slightly flat. It reads the revolutions left and right at differing speeds. Also a dodgy brake switch can set the light. If cruise control is fitted, a dodgy brake switch will disengage it. EPS light is different and steeing will get heavy if it faults. Check tyres (wear patterns and pressures) check battery voltage and condition, check if cruise control engages with out the eps light lit and check operation of rear brake lights ( ensure all thee come on at the same time).

Offline gordoben

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
Thanks for the reply buddy!
Funny enough my wife said to be the other day that she noticed one of my break lights is out! Will check out the cruise control etc!
  • 2009 i30 2.0 petrol

Offline Basshead

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Seems to be a few threads with similar issues/symptoms but most of them are older threads I can’t reply to.

Mine recently started lighting up “ESP off” on the dash over the past couple of weeks. I checked the brake lights and only the top-mount light works and the side ones don’t come on despite the globes being ok.  I have a obd2 reader and scanned for codes and got P0703 “brake switch ‘b’ circuit”.

Another thread listed a part number  95240-2L100 which I’ve yet to confirm.

Rich.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 11:25:19 by Basshead »
  • i30cw 2010 2.0L petrol auto wagon

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal