i30 Owners Club

tohis's 2022 Toyota Corolla 2.0 Hybrid TS

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
Hi mates, long time no see. As the snow is melting and summer is approaching, we are prone to the car fever and I got infected! It was diagnosed as Corollavirus™, and there's only one medicine for it and it ain't cheap. So, after almost 6 years and 127,000 km I traded in my 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid TS and got a 2022 Corolla 2.0 Hybrid TS, 25,000 km in the odo. (TS = Touring Sports = wagon) A brand new one would have been 5000+ EUR more and delivery time over 6 months due to high demand and component shortages, so the decision was easy.

The steering feels a bit better than in the Auris but still not as good as in German cars. The 2.0 hybrid (180 hp combined) produces plenty of power for overtaking trucks. The biggest downsides are the tyre noise on rough roads, and spongy feel in the brake pedal (even worse than in the Auris) which has been a problem in all T's hybrids, making a smooth stop being difficult to perform.

My Auris didn't have any other problems than squeaking driver's seat and broken headlight washer's cover plate, which were repaired under warranty. Let's hope this one will also go like Toyotas are supposed to! :)

• 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal