i30 Owners Club

PD SR/N line 1.6 T gdi owners attention! You will most likely have this issue

Boji · 4 · 1436

Offline Boji

• 1st Gear

• au Australia

• Oil pan
Oil pan seal starts to fail prematurely from around 4-5 year mark.

If your PD SR or N Line is similar age, lift the car up, take the undercover off, and look closely around the oil pan. You will see the oil has started seeping out around the oil pan seal.

Oil pan seal should not already fail at that age of course, lasting the warranty period only.

Hyundai will refuse to acknowledge this defect.

Class action lawsuit will be needed, currently one of the law firms is,

:link: Hyundai Engine Class Action – Register Now

Register your oil pan leak issue there.

Remember, you won't be able to see the leak if you just look under the car and just look for drips. You have to remove the undercover and do a thorough inspection of where the oil pan meets the engine block, as it starts as slow seepage around the oil pan seal.
  • I30sr

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Similar to the GD 1.6ltr engines where the timing cover seal was not done correctly at the factory, the only help offered by Hyundai was they would fix it at a cost of $1400 :(

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thing is, Boji, do YOU actually have this issue or is this heresay?

This is the reason why your duplicate posts were removed and this post displaced into Hyundai Global - it's not clear if YOU have this problem.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Boji

• 1st Gear

• au Australia

• Oil pan
I wouldn’t spread unsubstantiated rumour or isolated single incident or someone else’s experience here mate.

This defect and Hyundai’s reaction is being reported to law firms and various agencies and entities in Australia.

I urge owners of this particular Gamma 1.6 T Gdi engine or similar type with similar age to inspect around the oil pan seal area for signs of early stage of oil leak. Hyundai will deny any responsibility on this as otherwise they will have to recall countless number of cars they have sold.

We will see to it that this gets resolved.
  • I30sr

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal