i30 Owners Club

First time poster long time lurker

ggcs · 4 · 1179

Offline ggcs

• 1st Gear

• SE QLD
Been lurking as a guest around for a while

Decided to make a post here after todays experience:
I got my i30 serviced today and noticed that once again my front floor mats (dealer installed) have moved off the clips so I asked the servicing dealer as to a cost for fixing them (hoping they might cover it under warranty but not expecting it) only to be given a quote of $221.51 (AUD) as the "drivers side floor mat clips x 2" need replacing and they have quoted for the part number "G3A20APH00" (which is a complete set of floor mats from what i can tell) has anyone had any luck getting just the floor clips as a genuine part?

below is the line item in the quote:

• 2019 i30 fastback

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
If the clips and mat are themselves undamaged but the carpet mat has pulled out of them, just lift out the carpet starting from under the pedals towards the rear clips, reinsert the mat holes into the floor clips then roll the carpet mat back under pedals.

If you need new clips, then a dealer quote for new mat seems excessive. You could have a look on https://partsouq.com/ under "trim" section to see if part number for those clips are indicated. Otherwise do a general websearch for the description.
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The genuine mats on the PD models seem to be a simple plastic screw, might be possible to get them from Super Cheap or Repco :undecided:

As for the full genuine mat set, they're available on eBay for $110 :link: Genuine Hyundai i30 PD Series 2016 - 2022 Car Carpet Floor Mat G3A20APH00 | eBay

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
The genuine mats on the PD models seem to be a simple plastic screw, might be possible to get them from Super Cheap or Repco :undecided:

As for the full genuine mat set, they're available on eBay for $110 :link: Genuine Hyundai i30 PD Series 2016 - 2022 Car Carpet Floor Mat G3A20APH00 | eBay

Interesting pricing points, dealer ($221) vs eBay ($110).  :) 

Out of curiosity, I looked on eBay for floor mats for my PD SR.  Best I saw was $144 which had the oem red edge stitching (some non-genuine mats just had black stitching) and the red/white "SR" motif (www.ebay.com.au/itm/333538455174).  I guess the different stitching and motifs and different eBay sellers would account for some of the price difference between the two models ($110 vs $144).

If the dealer wanted $221 for the "i30" mats you could reasonably presume maybe about $250(?) for the SR mats because us turbo guys have heaps of money. :wink:

• 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal