i30 Owners Club

Servicing cost i30 09 SX

Offline smashbie

• 2nd Gear

• Sydney, Australia
Hi all,

I have an i30 2009 SX Manual. I’m wondering what is a good price to get the car serviced? It currently has 242ks on the clock and is due for its 240k service. I’ve recently purchased the car and it didn’t come with log books.

I have a local mechanic who is charging $290 for a basic service but I don’t know what it includes. I have another mechanic who is charging $450 but seems to be comprehensive. The $450 one is doing this: :link: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Wondering what is a reasonable price to pay?

Thanks
  • 2009 i30 Hatch (Manual)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
A lot of what you call a comprehensive service is just checks. If you buy and supply your own oil and filters cheap on special/online you should be able to save more than $100 in total. We can guide you on how and where to do this.

Obviously you need to run this by the repairer you are going to use to see if it is worth the trouble. That is check how much for labour only if you supply the disposibles then see what the new total adds up to. I and many other members have done this when we haven't used the dealer or had low fixed priced deals.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Decisions, decisions.
Just out of curiosity,  any idea of what your Hy dealer wants.
Me be thinking that you're going to be hit with quite a few add-ons ( brake fluid for 1 ,  cabin filter for 2 , -  $250 just there ).
Sydney ?? - anywhere near Narellan ?
 (Know a 100% honest, trustworthy , great guy )
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline smashbie

• 2nd Gear

• Sydney, Australia
Thanks all. I'm in Rouse Hill so not that far from Narellan.

Dealer wants to charge $420 for their 'comprehensive' service.
  • 2009 i30 Hatch (Manual)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
If you go there you can walk 2 blocks to the shopping centre .
PM.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal