Dazzler says thanks...

Dazzler · 57 · 7227

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Dazz checked out them online they only garantee the battery 160,000k or 8 years, those batterys cost a fortune also what becomes of the old battery's?
but if you keep it two years should be right. tassie climate would help too. what size is the petrol motor they use?

I am going to try and keep to 20,000 a year if I can (now I've finished building I'm not running around as much) plus I've got a head start as the car is about 4-5 months old and only done around 5000 k/m.

I did the 2.9% finance over 4 years (too good a deal not to use it) Keep my shares and money in the bank  :D
So will probably try and keep it the 4 years...

I did some research on the battery issue and the concensus is that by the time it is out of warranty the battries should be better (Lithium-ion?) and much cheaper.. Also the Toyota Hybrid drivetain and batteries have proven excepionally reliable and long lasting in the Prius...

The engine is a detuned version of the normal camry 2.4 atkinson cycle motor (down from 117kw to 109kw I think) tuned more for economy than outright performance .. yet with the help of the instant torque from the electric motor there to help the petrol it performs markedly better than a standard camry...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
thats good Dazz, yes electric motors are or can be very powerfull with instant responce. my friend in Florida told me they have an electric bus over there that can go from 0 to 100k really quick. i think it's in an amuzment park.

Offline paul

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Brighton
I thought the Hybrid Prius was for guitar playing vegetarians who drive 10 miles to recycle their rubbish lol
 :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I thought the Hybrid Prius was for guitar playing vegetarians who drive 10 miles to recycle their rubbish lol
 :D

The Camry is a different "kettle of fish" in a recent comparison with a Mazda 6 Diesel, Honda Accord and Subaru Liberty the Camry Hybrid was quickest 0-60 and back to Zero Again (11. something seconds I think)  :mrgreen:

This is one link.. Cant find the more detailed article at the moment :rolleyes:

http://www.mister-cars.com/Articles.asp?Action=Article&intArticleID=994

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
All hand picked by toyota Dazz, why not the 2.5 petrol Mazda 6?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

All hand picked by toyota Dazz, why not the 2.5 petrol Mazda 6?

Yeah, not sure  :wink: I thought it was the Petrol until I re-read the test..(since modified my post)

If I'd bought a mazda it would have been the diesel.. but they are really dragging their feet getting the new Mazda Diesel wagon into the showrooms (still none in Tassie) :rolleyes:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Probably the one thing I don't like is the vertical mount for the fog lights which they did to diferentiate it from the Aurion..Ithink they look wrong (I'll post a picture when I get mine)

I am going to photoshop the picture and see if it would look better if I colour code the black platic mount to match the body colour...

Also considering Sportivo side skirts (don't think the Sportivo front spoiler will fit though as the Hybrid front bumper is different shape to reduce drag coeficient to .27)

P.S. Saw a late model Hyundai Granduer today in white .. quite imposing (looks a bit like a larger maxima)

Dazz, the forum wouldn't be the forum without you on it.  I think you should at least swap the Toyota badges for Hyundai ones though, just to confuse people.
And have you thought about driving it to Perth rather than flying? That would put the kays up a bit much I guess, but would be a good trip.
Dave
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Would be a nice trip dave but already paid the airfares for 3 and only got a week to spare unfortunately...

Also going to try and keep the KM down to 20,000 a year if I can.. don't want to wear her out too quickly... :mrgreen:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
wow... i saw a taxi hybrid camry... it was plain as! i was saddened... the other ones i have seen must have had the sportivo kit on them or something, the looked much nicer!! i hope yours doesn't look like the taxi i saw!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

wow... i saw a taxi hybrid camry... it was plain as! i was saddened... the other ones i have seen must have had the sportivo kit on them or something, the looked much nicer!! i hope yours doesn't look like the taxi i saw!!

Mine is a nice colour and is the "luxury" model with a neat looking boot spoiler being the main visual difference between the two models I think .. I haven't seen any with a bodykit  :eek:

As said elsewhere I reckon the Sportivo Side skirts would fit but probably not the front spoiler because the Hybrid front Bumper is more streamlined than the normal Camry... Will post pix over the weekend.

I like the look of the i45 better but don't think my new car is "ugly" - the colour seems to help  :mrgreen:

P.S. You are not my favourite member any more  :wink: He says...Going in search of cheap sportivo kits... :lol:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
LOL!! nah yours sounds like it looks ok!

the taxi... well... bit like that girl at school, no one really talked to her, she never talked to you, she was an average achiever, not there for the social life, not there to do well just "there... just a plain jane...

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Would be a nice trip dave but already paid the airfares for 3 and only got a week to spare unfortunately...

Also going to try and keep the KM down to 20,000 a year if I can.. don't want to wear her out too quickly... :mrgreen:

Anyway. The batteries would go flat across the Nullarbour and there'd be nowhere to plug her in. :rolleyes: :lol: :wink:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Anyway. The batteries would go flat across the Nullarbour and there'd be nowhere to plug her in. :rolleyes: :lol: :wink:

and can't seem to find my extra long extension cord ... :rolleyes:

Offline jamiec

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania

• in Tasmania
Hey Dazz it was great to catch up with you yesterday even if for a short time it was great to be able to put a face to the man behind all these post you do. And thanks for the cuppa mate :D
Hope the new Camry goes well for you.

cheers
jamie

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Jamie.. Yeah was good to meet up.. PM me when you get back from Brizzy and we'll catch up properly.. :D

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
Dazz checked out them online they only garantee the battery 160,000k or 8 years, those batterys cost a fortune

In order to give a potential customer re-assurance, an option being considered, is to sell the vehicle, but lease the batteries seperately.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :eek: :lol: :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Dazz checked out them online they only garantee the battery 160,000k or 8 years, those batterys cost a fortune

In order to give a potential customer re-assurance, an option being considered, is to sell the vehicle, but lease the batteries seperately.

I've got it sorted .. I'd only have to buy two rechargeable AA battery each month for the next 8 years and i would have enough to generate the necessary voltage by the time the warranty runs out.. :wink: :mrgreen:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
super cheap often has a sale.  :lol:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
bah as if you will own the car in 8 years! nothing to worry about! most normal people pay the car off, then get a new one!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
thats true,but there are a lot of people out there that still have 10,15 or 20 plus year old cars.

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose

I would have enough to generate the necessary voltage by the time the warranty runs out.. :wink: :mrgreen:
I used to repair Milk Floats. They had a d.c. direct coupled commutator motor (no clutch), if you went too fast down a long hill, the soldered in segments could "shoot the solder out", or, overgenerate, and attempt to back feed the batteries. :evil: 
Motor then Kaput.
Roundsman had automatically sacked himself,  & walked home.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I would have enough to generate the necessary voltage by the time the warranty runs out.. :wink: :mrgreen:
I used to repair Milk Floats. They had a d.c. direct coupled commutator motor (no clutch), if you went too fast down a long hill, the soldered in segments could "shoot the solder out", or, overgenerate, and attempt to back feed the batteries. :evil: 
Motor then Kaput.
Roundsman had automatically sacked himself,  & walked home.

Thank goodness the technology is a "little" better now... :eek:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
bah as if you will own the car in 8 years! nothing to worry about! most normal people pay the car off, then get a new one!
A guy i know that has had the same car for the last 35 years and still drives it each day. has saved a lot of $ he has enough spares to last him a lifetime its an old HR holden he has a HR Holden Ute to match that is original & like new cost just over $2,000 new each

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
some people do do that... nothing wrong with it! i wish i still had my first and second cars...

most people that have 10~15~20 year old cars havent had them all their life...

does he want to sell me one of his HR's LOL

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

and can't seem to find my extra long extension cord ... :rolleyes:
[/quote]

If you can get catapulted this way from your side with your extension cord, we'll reel you into W.A. from this end with ours.

If you need a tow, I know of a Crdi i30 that would do the job........   :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

If only it was that easy.. (Save me a lot of $$$) :wink: :D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal