i30 Owners Club

RoadSide Assist upgrade?

Offline pquodling

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
My I30 comes with Roadside Assist - have had to use it twice for flat tyres - on both occassions, it was the RACQ that came (we are in QLD) -

So,, we don't bother with RACQ membership anymore with bundled roadside assist programs like this, but I vaguely recall someone telling me that you could upgrade the Hyundai Roadside Assist to full or partial RACQ (or similar) for a nominal fee (to pick up some of the autoclub perks other than roadside assist. HAs anyone heard of this?
  • 2016 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Auto, Silver

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yes, you can upgrade your iCare roadside assist to Premium for $19.95...that's what it cost when I first upgraded mine after buying my car 5 years ago, never got to use it though so I've just stuck to the standard roadside membership ever since.

Extra benefits for premium membership listed here :link: Roadside Support and Assistance | Hyundai Australia

Do note! the roadside assistance will only remain valid if you continue to have the vehicle serviced with Hyundai, roadside validity can continue up to 10 years if loyalty with Hyudai servicing continues :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 13:19:33 by CraigB »

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
RACQ have various levels depending on what you want.

Because my wife is a member and I am not we go a higher level which allows my wife to drive her car (she is covered no matter what she drives) and my car is covered by being registered as her car. We also go for a longer tow.

From memory we saved $90 on ultra care because my new i40 is being serviced with Hyundai.

you might need to ring them to get it though.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
When I told RACQ I was on Hyundai roadside assist I paid  $26 a year to RACQ to keep my gold membership going and still get the benefit of there perks. Now I am no longer letting Hyundai service my car I have the same as Craig, standard RACQ membership.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 00:47:14 by John B »
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
We just renewed NRMA GOLD,  mentioned Hyundai road assist, saved $115   :happydance: :happydance:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Gee that's great guys. We have basic RACT membership which gives us the card for fuel and other discounts with their membership card. Also get their magazine etc.. we are insured with them as well. Must ask the question!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal