i30 Owners Club

N Line prices

Offline jeffwonder

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Looking to buy an N Line (not the Premium) has anyone bought one yet and prices they paid thanks.
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome: Jeff,

There is a Dealer Demo in SA for $30,888

It seems book price is around $33,800 less $500 Factory cashback for a Brand new car with an '18 build plate.

That's for a DCT version. From what I paid for my SR in June 2017 adding an extra $500 for the N line I'd be aiming at $31,500 or maybe just unde $32,000 for a '19 build plate.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I expected the N Line to go a little cheaper after removing some of the electric gizmos the SR had, the body enhancements don’t cost anymore to produce than standard fixtures.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I expected the N Line to go a little cheaper after removing some of the electric gizmos the SR had, the body enhancements don’t cost anymore to produce than standard fixtures.

There are some interior changes too. Different seats etc.. and the better Michelin Tyres would be an added cost I imagine.  :cool:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I expected the N Line to go a little cheaper after removing some of the electric gizmos the SR had
How come that the case CraigB?  Normally it would be logical to improve/enhance the gizmos as new model come along isn't it?  Why Hyundai went in reverse in this case?

What was removed?
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I expected the N Line to go a little cheaper after removing some of the electric gizmos the SR had
How come that the case CraigB?  Normally it would be logical to improve/enhance the gizmos as new model come along isn't it?  Why Hyundai went in reverse in this case?

What was removed?
I thought someone had mentioned previously that some key features of the SR would be removed from the N-Line :undecided: though the N-Line does get a reworked sport suspension and apparently some tweaks to the engine responsiveness over the SR.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What was removed?

Hi Thanh,

I assume it was to offset the cost of using better tyres and a few other tweaks they dropped rear cross traffic alert and blind spot monitoring.  I really like rear cross traffic alert!  :crazy2:

What was removed?
I thought someone had mentioned previously that some key features of the SR would be removed from the N-Line :undecided: though the N-Line does get a reworked sport suspension and apparently some tweaks to the engine responsiveness over the SR.
That's interesting about suspension and engine tweaks (I hadn't heard that) :cool:

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA

What was removed?

Hi Thanh,

I assume it was to offset the cost of using better tyres and a few other tweaks they dropped rear cross traffic alert and blind spot monitoring.  I really like rear cross traffic alert!  :crazy2:

What was removed?
That's interesting about suspension and engine tweaks (I hadn't heard that) :cool:

That's the 1st I've heard about any sort of suspension or "engine" tweaks
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Pricing and suspension tweaks mentioned in this link :link: 2019 Hyundai i30: N Line joins the range from ,490 | CarAdvice

Some further information with mention of engine response tweaks/throttle re-map and sportier exhuast :link: Hyundai i30 N-Line revealed | Drive.com.au     

https://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2019-i30_n_line/

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
they dropped rear cross traffic alert and blind spot monitoring
These are good safety features, tsk tsk ..sad to see it gone

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Pricing and suspension tweaks mentioned in this link :link: 2019 Hyundai i30: N Line joins the range from ,490 | CarAdvice

Some further information with mention of engine response tweaks/throttle re-map and sportier exhuast :link: Hyundai i30 N-Line revealed | Drive.com.au     

http://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2019-i30_n_line/

The Performance and suspension tweaks aren't mentioned in the blurb I linked to in the original thread. I think those other links are a bit ambiguous with their wording. Two of them relate to the European 1.4T version and the other more Aussie centric one is just saying they are upgraded over the base model. That's the way I read it anyway.

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA

The Performance and suspension tweaks aren't mentioned in the blurb I linked to in the original thread. I think those other links are a bit ambiguous with their wording. Two of them relate to the European 1.4T version and the other more Aussie centric one is just saying they are upgraded over the base model. That's the way I read it anyway.

I'm thinking along the same path as you Daz.    The European versions of the I30 didn't have a sporty version at all. The 1.4 turbo was used in the upmarket models.
None of their models came with sporty type of suspension either. Hence probably why the mentioned of that, as well as the brakes, twin exhaust  over their older models.
But further down in one of the article. It does mention "While not yet confirmed, it is expected the N-Line enhancements will be applied to the i30 SR in Australia"

But there has been high praise about the SR's Australian tuned suspension.  So I can't see them changing that at all..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm thinking along the same path as you Daz.    The European versions of the I30 didn't have a sporty version at all. The 1.4 turbo was used in the upmarket models.
None of their models came with sporty type of suspension either. Hence probably why the mentioned of that, as well as the brakes, twin exhaust  over their older models.
But further down in one of the article. It does mention "While not yet confirmed, it is expected the N-Line enhancements will be applied to the i30 SR in Australia"

But there has been high praise about the SR's Australian tuned suspension.  So I can't see them changing that at all..

I think by N-Line enhancements they are just talking Cosmetic and Tyres

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
In layman's terms - same lady with a breast implant and lip filers injection.... now I get it :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

In layman's terms - same lady with a breast implant and lip filers injection.... now I get it :)

Yeah and I'm mainly a leg man and I think the legs are still the same...

Offline jeffwonder

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Thanks dazzler but i'm after a new N Line auto, prices folks have paid, many comments made but mostly nothing to do with prices paid.
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks dazzler but i'm after a new N Line auto, prices folks have paid, many comments made but mostly nothing to do with prices paid.

There was very little stock available when you first posted the question. Hopefully by now a few members have either done a deal on an N-line or are in the process of doing one. Now you have bumped the thread hopefully we will get some relevent answers.

If you are ready to proceed why not try a couple of different dealers and a broker like Auto Expert. If you have waited this long sounds like you are the strong type. ( come in low ball and walk away leaving them to come back to you with their very best price)

I'm a bit of a negotiator but if I want a particular car my heart rules my head at times..

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
This is what I found on Carsales..   Gives you an idea around the place.

Victoria: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Hyundai-i30-2018/OAG-AD-16792809/?Cr=2

Or try different dealers for Demo's: :link: 2018 Hyundai i30 N Line Auto MY19-OAG-AD-16767709

Offline jeffwonder

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Thanks guys i have also been looking at the Cerato GT, but swayed back to the N Line.
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I thibk the N line looks nicer inside and out and then there's  the instrument lighting colour..

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Thanks guys i have also been looking at the Cerato GT, but swayed back to the N Line.

I don't mind the look of the Cerato GT..   But I think list price is slightly higher than the N-Line.
But you may get a few extra's. I think.

Offline jeffwonder

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Just an update ended up buying  an N Line white $31,500 drive away full tank, mats, door weather shields at Frankston Hyundai Sales person Jill.
I'm am happy with this deal.
Thanks again for all the advice.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 09:29:34 by jeffwonder »
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Just an update ended up buying  an N Line white $31,500 drive away full tank, mats, door weather shields at Frankston Hyundai Sales person Jill.
I'm am happy with this deal.
Thanks again for all the advice.

No Probs! Well done! Right on the money   :happydance: (the Full tank, Mats and weather shields are a bonus.) :victory:

They do look great in white. Looking forward to your feedback after say a week of ownership.  :cool:

Offline jeffwonder

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Thanks will put up some photos, dont pickup till about thursday, have to organise a RWC for my old car which i sold privately.
  • i30

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Congrat on the new car mate

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline jeffwonder

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Can't wait to see the pics.. :happydance:  Good work  :goodjob2:

Also is this your 1st Hyundai ?

Offline jeffwonder

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
I can't wait to pickup, its tuesday morning now, have to find someone to do a RWC quick.
  • i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal