i30 Owners Club

I30 PD Racechip now available. For 2017-2019

JRi30 · 72 · 25426

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I just spoke to Daniel at Ramspeed who was super helpful and keen to answer any questions I had about the Racechip. He seemed to agree that the RS was the best bang for buck and the way to go.

He also said if I order over the phone they'll do free postage because they usually get stung with a 3% surcharge for Paypal payments. It's only $15 but that's more money in my pocket to spend on the additional fuel I'll no doubt be using.
Even if you got the GTS it’s still $1200 cheaper than the Tunehouse mob you had thought about :wink: my personal choice would be the GTS because of the better processor used which is where the cost lays.

Offline Solitude

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Thanks for the updates mate. :)

In the manual, does it suggest you will end up on mapping 6 eventually? Not really sure what the 1-6 is all about.

After the Chip, would you need to provide more air to the motor? Also, how has this extra power affected your grip on the front tyres, especially if you are turning off traction control?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 13:25:15 by Solitude »
  • Hyundai i30 PD

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Just jumped on the Racechip Aus and Overseas websites and the Veloster options are gone. I wonder  if they're revising the vehicle applications available and hopefully will include an SR/N-line specific option.
  • 2018 i30 N-Line Premium 1.6T Polar White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Just jumped on the Racechip Aus and Overseas websites and the Veloster options are gone. I wonder  if they're revising the vehicle applications available and hopefully will include an SR/N-line specific option.

That's interesting.  Worth monitoring!   :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA

On the Racechip website. Which you are best to go to this one: :link: Online Shop ? Buy your RaceChip tuning box now - RaceChip Australia

Then in the drop down menu's go to. Hyundai - Elantra (AD) (From 2015) - Sport 1.6T (204 hp / 150 kw)

That is the correct one for our engine.  :)
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
The veloster option seems to be available again but I'd agree the elantra option is the one to go for

Offline taj

• 1st Gear

• dk Denmark
      Sealand
Hey @JRi30  , been a while since your last update :)

Any news on when the chip is installed? I am pretty interested to see how it all goes for you.

So sorry for the late reply. There's been some issues with the courier ups in getting my Racechip on time. Finally tried it out. There is a huge difference. My opinion isn't scientific.

It took a few kms on the freeway for the tune to fully set in but the difference is considerable. Acceleration on sport mode is insane, that feeling when the car pulls you back during acceleration just keeps on building even pass 100 kms, I'll be getting fines if I'm not careful. the throttle feels more sensitive to with less hesitation. Normal mode feels like standard sport mode now. I have to drive the car on eco mode now if i want to drive it around town as it feels to sensitive now on sport and normal.

Which one did you buy? Is it the RS or the GTS version?
RS version.

Hi JRi30 see this link :link: Chiptuning & Gaspedaltuning für Ihren Hyundai I30 (PD) 1.4 T-GDI (103KW) | RaceChip
I think that we have the same engine and model i30 you bought the RS model but I would like to buy the GTS model i live in Denmark so I wil buy it from Germany, i have also been looking for a nev exhaust this one see link :link: FOX Duplex Sportauspuff Endschalldämpfer Hyundai i30 PDE re/li je 1x90mm Typ 25 | eBay
the only issue i have is that i don't like to cut in the bumber, I rather get a new rear bumber with 2 holes for this pipe, but i havent seen one yet? next link
also should fit my car but I can't find a picture where i can see it's been installed, it would els look bad ass with 2 dobbel pipes.
  :link: Fox Duplex Auspuff Sportauspuff Sportendschalldämpfer Hyundai i30 PDE 1,4l 103kW | eBay
PS: was it easy to install?
and see this link where you can download the installation instruktion. :link: RaceChip function and installation
https://www.racechip.com/downloads/EBA_ALLG_GTS_TB_K2_ENG_V1.pdf

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 18:11:40 by taj »
  • i30 Tourer Premium benzin1.4 140PS benzin 2WD DCT

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Hey @JRi30  , been a while since your last update :)

Any news on when the chip is installed? I am pretty interested to see how it all goes for you.

So sorry for the late reply. There's been some issues with the courier ups in getting my Racechip on time. Finally tried it out. There is a huge difference. My opinion isn't scientific.

It took a few kms on the freeway for the tune to fully set in but the difference is considerable. Acceleration on sport mode is insane, that feeling when the car pulls you back during acceleration just keeps on building even pass 100 kms, I'll be getting fines if I'm not careful. the throttle feels more sensitive to with less hesitation. Normal mode feels like standard sport mode now. I have to drive the car on eco mode now if i want to drive it around town as it feels to sensitive now on sport and normal.

Which one did you buy? Is it the RS or the GTS version?
RS version.

Hi JRi30 see this link :link: Chiptuning & Gaspedaltuning für Ihren Hyundai I30 (PD) 1.4 T-GDI (103KW) | RaceChip
I think that we have the same engine and model i30 you bought the RS model but I would like to buy the GTS model i live in Denmark so I wil buy it from Germany, i have also been looking for a nev exhaust this one see link :link: FOX Duplex Sportauspuff Endschalldämpfer Hyundai i30 PDE re/li je 1x90mm Typ 25 | eBay
the only issue i have is that i don't like to cut in the bumber, I rather get a new rear bumber with 2 holes for this pipe, but i havent seen one yet? next link
also should fit my car but I can't find a picture where i can see it's been installed, it would els look bad ass with 2 dobbel pipes.
  :link: Fox Duplex Auspuff Sportauspuff Sportendschalldämpfer Hyundai i30 PDE 1,4l 103kW | eBay
PS: was it easy to install?
and see this link where you can download the installation instruktion. :link: RaceChip function and installation
http://www.racechip.com/downloads/EBA_ALLG_GTS_TB_K2_ENG_V1.pdf

Hi Taj

We don't get the 1.4 GDi-T engine here in Australia.   We have the 1.6lt  GDi-T

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
I recently found out about another piggyback tuning option through aFe Power

SCORCHER GT Power Module

I still think RaceChip looks to be the way to go but I will say that I'm a fan of the push button in-cabin adjustment function. While I don't expect I'd constantly be switching through power modes with the RaceChip I like the idea of being able to do it at the push of a button rather than via a phone app since I'm very much against touching my phone during a drive.

Offline taj

• 1st Gear

• dk Denmark
      Sealand
Hi JRi30 I just installed the RaceChip GTS today, but I can't get the new RaceChip+ app to work, I scan the barcode and press next then it says type in the code from your GTS Chip, but I don't see any code to type in? did you alsy bye the app and have you install it, otherwise it was very easy to installs the unit, and I have try it, and the preform is insane, and I have only try level 5 and this unit is up too level 7.I have write to RaceChip about my app problem I have a iPhone X, and there are only video with the old RacChip app and here I can see the get a number to type ind to activate the Bluetooth.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
taj, serial code is supposed to be on the back of the product, that is what you type in.

Offline taj

• 1st Gear

• dk Denmark
      Sealand
i don't now what you mean, there are no number on the back off the unit and it docent's say anything about this in the manual, and how can you upload a picture here?

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: taj
and how can you upload a picture here?

Don't you have this option?

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline taj

• 1st Gear

• dk Denmark
      Sealand

yes thanks for info, I didn't see this before now, this picture are only from the manual, and not from my GTS Unit, JR which number would it be on this example.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline taj

• 1st Gear

• dk Denmark
      Sealand
hi when every thing goes Wrong, then careful read the f***ing manual :lol: it say's type in the 6 last digital from the serial number, for active the Bluethoth to the unit :goodjob2: so now it's working, and I must say that I am weary impressed, with it's performens. :happydance:

Offline R0B

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Would this be suitable for the DCT? I've read elsewhere that it's not great at handling the extra power from tunes/etc.
  • 2017 (MY 2018) PD 5 Door Hatch 1.6LT, Auto, White (SR Premium)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I don't know why you would go with a plug in "chip" when an ECU tune is a much better and safer option.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline R0B

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
To keep your warranty?
  • 2017 (MY 2018) PD 5 Door Hatch 1.6LT, Auto, White (SR Premium)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
To keep your warranty?

Get a Lap3 tune and opt for new ECU. Put your original ECU on the shelf in the event it needs to go back in.

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
To keep your warranty?

Get a Lap3 tune and opt for new ECU. Put your original ECU on the shelf in the event it needs to go back in.

While I would agree with this.  For what you have suggested.   Your looking at $1850 for just the ECU. Without postage...
So pretty close on $2000..  Where $500 - $600 for the Racechip..   That is some serious difference in cost...

Racechip have got a pretty good reputation on their product.

Though if you were thinking about tracking your car.. The the Lap3 ECU is the way to go..  But then again, should have got the i30N instead..

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
To keep your warranty?

While I would agree with this.  For what you have suggested.   Your looking at $1850 for just the ECU. Without postage...
So pretty close on $2000..  Where $500 - $600 for the Racechip..   That is some serious difference in cost...

Racechip have got a pretty good reputation on their product.

Though if you were thinking about tracking your car.. The the Lap3 ECU is the way to go..  But then again, should have got the i30N instead..

$1073 usd shipped to NSW Australia. That includes the ECU.
Not sure where you got $1850 +shipping.

I'll tell you straight up you will never convince me a plug in "chip" is any good. Trying to fool and override an ECU's base parameters is just no good.

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
For those have already have it, does the technology in the racechip help reduce that initial small amount of lag?
  • 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

For those have already have it, does the technology in the racechip help reduce that initial small amount of lag?

I find Sport mode improves takeoff quite a bit...

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
Yes, when I took one for a test drive i noticed that it tightened everything up too.

Even the base chip, Racechip S, is a very mild 25kw/77Nm increase. That's good value for $309. However, I'm feeling very cautious after watching this ....

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes, when I took one for a test drive i noticed that it tightened everything up too.

Even the base chip, Racechip S, is a very mild 25kw/77Nm increase. That's good value for $309. However, I'm feeling very cautious after watching this ....

Thanks Adz,

One of John's better videos. I totally agree with him. The SR/ N-Line in Sport mode is more than zippy enough for most situations. If it is not then fork out an extra 10 big ones and buy an N...  :cool:

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Keen to hear of any reviews from anyone who has recently installed either the GTS or RS chip. Also interested in finding out how customer service and delivery times were for orders from Ramspeed.

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Keen to hear of any reviews from anyone who has recently installed either the GTS or RS chip. Also interested in finding out how customer service and delivery times were for orders from Ramspeed.

Delivery times from Ramspeed??   I think it could have come from Mars & I would have got it quicker..
Ordered 22nd March & I'm still waiting..   Mentioned that he has had trouble with the ordering system..

I sold my Torcon intake to a guy in Queensland. He ordered his around the same time as me.
Only just received his last week, with pretty much the same story..

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
Hopefully yours isn't too far away then! Keen to see what it's like.

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
I've just ordered the RS from Cherry Tuning & Performance today and they've confirmed for me I'll have it in 2 weeks.

Looking forward to seeing the difference from stock.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal