i30 Owners Club

First car advice for a Hyundai i30 active automatic petrol, 2013 or 2014 model

Offline andrew123

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
I'm currently in the market for my first car and am considering buying a automatic Hyundai i30 active in petrol.
My budget is between $12,000 and $14,000 aud, and based off that I am able to afford a 2013 or 2014 model which has done between 60,000km and 100,000km. Based off peoples experiences, are these reliable cars? is there anything that I need to be cautious of when looking at these 2 models?, thanks:)
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Andrew,

Yes, they are generally pretty reliable. I have heard of one or two with steering feeling a bit odd (pulling one way or the other) so make sure you test drive it on the highway at decent speeds when test driving.

Try and get one with a bit of factory warranty left as private sale wont offer much protection and after market dealer warranties are fairly average.

Make sure the service book is complete too, for your own peace of mind and warranty validation.

You can either share some links to cars that appeal on here for opinions or share the links with me via PM if you prefer to keep it low profile.

I'm co-founder of the site and we've had 4 x i30...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Like the earlier model  (FD) this GD is a proven reliable car with no recurring faults. The steering fault mentioned seems to  have affected only a few cars.
The GD is slightly more comfortable inside with a bit better road handling than the FD.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal