i30 Owners Club

Hyundai I30 head unit no sound!?

Offline Bazza2401

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville Australia
Hey guys! Just after some help with my i30 se 2013 I’ve tried to reset the head unit by taking the fuse out. Still isn’t working. Any help would be great thanks!
  • I30 se 2013 2 door

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hey  :welcome:

Tell us what the problem is with your head unit.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Common problem with GD-01 head units, easily solved by replacing with a GD-03 unit plus the AUX module and usb cable from a wreckers.

See VTH's topic :link: HOW TO: UPGRADE YOUR GD-01/GD-02 TO A GD-03 HEAD UNIT STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE

« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 18:10:21 by CraigB »

Offline Bazza2401

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville Australia
Would you have any idea where I could get a gd-03 the wreckers where I am don’t have any and wanting to charge me $500 for a gd-01 model one  :Shocked:
  • I30 se 2013 2 door

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Would you have any idea where I could get a gd-03 the wreckers where I am don’t have any and wanting to charge me $500 for a gd-01 model one  :Shocked:
Might be worth giving these guys a call.

:link: Qld Hyundai Parts ? Queensland Hyundai Parts

They're in Caloundra and have a lot of stock.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Stanvac wreckers always have them :link: New/Recycled Korean Parts | Stanvac Korean Auto Parts | Lonsdale SA

You’ll want the unit - AUX module and USB cable, mention Craig from the i30 owners club recommended you to them and should be able to post it to you for $350...they don’t chop the cable either like many others do.

Offline Bazza2401

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville Australia
Hey guys! I’m down in Melbourne atm and I saw a guy post one that doesn’t have the satnav(good thing) but I don’t think it comes with the USB cable. Is it fine to use the same USB cable or will it not work?
  • I30 se 2013 2 door

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hey guys! I’m down in Melbourne atm and I saw a guy post one that doesn’t have the satnav(good thing) but I don’t think it comes with the USB cable. Is it fine to use the same USB cable or will it not work?
If you're upgrading to the GD-03 unit you'll need the cable and AUX module as well for Android auto and Apple carplay to work, I think the cable can also be ordered though KORAPS.

Offline Hyre

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Have you tried updating the firmware?

I was having the same problem but intermittently, after a firmware update it's stopped 99% of the time, the other 1% I put up the the gd-01 headunit being dodgy from the start.
  • 2013 I30 SE 3DR 1.6lt Petrol 6sp Auto

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Have you tried updating the firmware?

I was having the same problem but intermittently, after a firmware update it's stopped 99% of the time, the other 1% I put up the the gd-01 headunit being dodgy from the start.
There hasn't been an update for the GD-01 system in over 5 years, unless the vehicle had never been serviced at a Hyundai dealership there wont be anything new.

The 01 units are well known for issues from audio not working to completely dead units which I had in my own vehicle.

There is a Australian repair shop that quotes $700 to fix the GD-01 units, though far cheaper than Hyundai's $1400 replacement cost :Shocked: it's a far better option upgrading to the GD-03.

Offline Bazza2401

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville Australia
Gets serviced ever 12 months so definitely would be up to
Date.
Just another question would anyone know where I could find the USB assembling the guy that’s selling one at a wreckers for $275 doesn’t include any of the cables.. or if there’s an adapter to fit it with the normal USB assembly
  • I30 se 2013 2 door

Offline Bazza2401

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville Australia
Could I just use a normal USB lead? I don’t need the aux at all, but if I get a normal USB lead will it work
  • I30 se 2013 2 door

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Could I just use a normal USB lead? I don’t need the aux at all, but if I get a normal USB lead will it work
The factory AUX module you currently have connects with a block type plug, if you don’t change the AUX module with the required USB cable then you’ll be unable to use or charge anything via that connection and it would be pointless installing the GD-03 unit.

You can purchase the complete kit from Stanvac wreckers, you can also purchase through Japwreck for a cheaper price but they cut cables which you would need to repair or order new via KORAPS.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal