i30 Owners Club

2019 i30 Overly Sensitive Brakes

Offline Potter16

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lancashire
Hi,

I have a new i30 I've done about 600 miles in it and the brakes are incredibly sensitive. I get used to it after a while but takes me by surprise since I swap between cars a lot. anyone any suggestions on what it could be that causing it?

Thank You.
  • 2019 PDe 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.0L, Manual, White

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :wttc: Potter16

If you get used to it after a while then that doesn't sound like a problem with the brakes themselves, something you'll likely get more familiar with as you drive it more and realise less pressure is required with a better quality brake system.

Wont take much to pull up a 1tr :)

Offline Potter16

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lancashire
I agree but I'm a photographer so I've driven many cars including my friends i30 which is the same spec as mine and his brakes are fine. I've never driven anything like it. its more of a concern than just an "I'll get used to it"
  • 2019 PDe 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.0L, Manual, White

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If it's that much of a concern then you should get it back to your local Hyundai service centre to raise the issue, hard to diagnose a problem from the other side of the world with next to no details and symptoms.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Hi,

I have a new i30 I've done about 600 miles in it and the brakes are incredibly sensitive. I get used to it after a while but takes me by surprise since I swap between cars a lot. anyone any suggestions on what it could be that causing it?

Thank You.
600 miles not bedded in yet.

I would say it is the newness you are experiencing.

Wait until at least 1000 then if still not happy take to dealer to check out.

May be the brakes on the others are well used and additional force required
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
600 miles not bedded in yet.

I would say it is the newness you are experiencing.

Wait until at least 1000 then if still not happy take to dealer to check out.

May be the brakes on the others are well used and additional force required
Brakes should be well bed in, usually a couple of hard stops over a few hundred meters will do it.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I agree but I'm a photographer so I've driven many cars including my friends i30 which is the same spec as mine and his brakes are fine. I've never driven anything like it. its more of a concern than just an "I'll get used to it"

:welcome: Sounds like you have a valid concern to me. Do you guys get a free service at say 1000 miles like we do in Oz. Definitely needs checking by the sound of it.

We get bigger brakes over here on the 1.6 T (which I have). They definitely have a more positive feel (which I like) but some feel it is a bit over assisted. I find the standard models brakes slightly wooden after getting used to mine.

I can't imagine the 1.0T having uprated brakes and as you say your friend's i30 feels normal. Good luck with it (hope you don't get the run around)  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I recall my GD got me close to a bloody nose for the first 300 miles or so.

Same with this Ioniq I now own.

I'd say just give it time. Then again, after 600 miles the rubber should have bedded in by then...

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal