i30 Owners Club

Pulling left

Offline Janinef

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Middlesbrough
UK here, I have an I30 2011, I bought it second hand in 2018, it had a light pull to the left but nothing major, it has passed MOTs, had alignment, new tyres and tracking all done, in the last 3 months the pull has got worse and it shudders when reversing and turning and in the last few days if I'm idle the front left makes a shuddering noise too. Like I say I've has the tracking and tyres looked at but it's not them, wondering if it might be the steering column? Has anyone else had this?
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Got the tracking report?
checked for broken springs on the front?

swedishnutlathe
it shudders when reversing and turning and in the last few days if I'm idle the front left makes a shuddering noise too.
This sounds distinctly to me like a CV joint/halfshaft/driveshaft/whatever your local term for it is. I'd look into that first and foremost, or potentially a wheel bearing but I doubt it.

Offline Simon112

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      United Kingdom
Evening team, I've not got an issue with pulling left but my 14 i30 tourer had a low drone (but load enough to drown out the radio) on the front left tonight on the motor way.

It was also accompanied by a burning rubber smell!!

However after a brief rest during the return journey no noise no smell. I'm checking the hub n all tomorrow  :crazy1:
  • 2014 Estate Diesel 1.6 Manual Blue

Offline Janinef

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Middlesbrough
Got the tracking report?
checked for broken springs on the front?

All been checked, taken to 2 separate garages to check wheels, alignment and tyres, they've both said it needs to be up and the bottom taken off to check the steering. Disnt know if anyone else had had this problem so just wanted to ask
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Janinef

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Middlesbrough
it shudders when reversing and turning and in the last few days if I'm idle the front left makes a shuddering noise too.
This sounds distinctly to me like a CV joint/halfshaft/driveshaft/whatever your local term for it is. I'd look into that first and foremost, or potentially a wheel bearing but I doubt it.

Aye, think it's a garage and up on the racks and underneath taken off to diagnose, just didnt know if anyone else had encountered the issue at all, shall ring the garage first thing Monday, thank you for replying 🙂
  • Hyundai i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal