i30 Owners Club

CRDI oil filter

Offline Alexander

• 1st Gear
Guys, could u pls help me?
I was going to change my oil filter after 2000km. But i didn't find new diesel oil filter, my current oil filter has some strange name and id.
I can't find it in www.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Alex,

The Filter part number is 26320 2A001 and it cost me $20.35 including GST from my Hyundai Dealer (It took them a week to get me one in when I bought one to get a service done at 7500km by my friendly independent)

You may be able to get after market ones for the i30 now but better to use genuine Hyundai one for Warranty purposes...

If you search oil filter on this site you will get 244 hits - Might get less with "oil filter"
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30niko

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      ADELAIDE, SA, AUSTRALIA
Dazz,
Apparently the early DIESEL models build before 08 have a different filter than the rest.
I think it has something to do with the engine (16V on the newer ones).
I went to RYCO's website and it has

Engine                                                       Year             Oil filter

FD Turbo Dies 4 1.6L D4FB [DOHC]          09/07-02/08    R2655P

GD Turbo Dies 4 1.6L D4FB [DOHC 16V]    05/12-on      R2695P

So the year ranges are 07-08 and then 12-onwards. So where is the 09,10,11 models?
  • 2010 i30 diesel SX auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
As you can see my post was nearly 4 years ago..I was aware there were two filters for the FD Diesel.. We had a Feb08 CRDi for a couple of years which used the first version.. Not quite sure why it changed because outputs for Power and Torque were identical (So surprised if they changed the valve set up)

Not sure why Ryco don't list the 2nd part # but should be available from other filter suppliers (Like "Sydney Filters" who is a member on here - I'm try and find a link shortly)

http://www.sydneyfilters.com.au/02-08-on/

Plus you can get a Kia equivalent and of course the genuine Hyundai one from your dealer...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal