i30 Owners Club

High revs

Offline Bearmale7777

• 1st Gear

• pt Portugal
I have a 6 year old automatic i30 Hyundai. Two years ago I had a problem - when driving if I took my foot off the accelerator, when going down hill, the revs would shoot up to 4000rpm until I took my foot off the accelerator and on some corners when the car was changing down it would thump into gear. The garage changed the instrument cluster panel at a cost of 1,500 euros. The car seemed OK.
Recently, I had to have a jump start because of a flat battery. The same problem has started again - when moving from a flat road down an incline the car revs up to 4000rpm or when pushing foot down on the accelerator when overtaking. Twice it has thumped into gear on a bend.
Does anyone know what might be causing this? The garage here in Portugal seem to have difficulty diagnosing things.
  • 6 year old i30 automatic estate.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welc1

Gee I'm amazed the last time it was traced to the instrument panel (and that cost!)  :Shocked:

You obviously didn't get 5 years warranty over there (your car would have only been 4 years old back then wouldn't it?)

There are several threads on here about Auto transmission problems (which it sounds like to me)

Use the search function or browse through this section for applicable threads to read.

:link: NON MODEL SPECIFIC

Regards,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal