i30 Owners Club

2021 i30 wind deflectors

Offline SpirPat

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
Greetings fellow i30 owners!

Just a quick question please.

Has any of you installed front door wind deflectors on a 2021  - or later - Hyundai i30? 

I visited an autoshop 6 months ago and they couldn't find a pair that fitted properly (they tried a pair from Heko Group).

Any suggestions please?
  • 2021 i30 1.5 Dpi 110hp

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Have you tried your nearest Hyundai dealer?  they're a factory supplied option/accessory.

Offline SpirPat

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
Have you tried your nearest Hyundai dealer?  they're a factory supplied option/accessory.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Curiously enough they 're not being offered as an optional accessory in Greece. And judging from the printscreen you have kindly submitted, the "factory" ones are quite expensive.  As far as I 've seen, aftermarket wind deflectors are less expensive  (50-60 US$  a pair) and their quality is quite good. I just haven't been lucky enough finding a compatible pair for my car.

• 2021 i30 1.5 Dpi 110hp

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I didn't think the price was to bad for all four doors, $205 AUD converted to USD is roughly $140.

Heko are the only other ones I've seen before but if you say they don't fit correctly then there's not much choice left.

Offline Jtourettes

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      Drama

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Curiously enough they 're not being offered as an optional accessory in Greece. And judging from the printscreen you have kindly submitted, the "factory" ones are quite expensive.  As far as I 've seen, aftermarket wind deflectors are less expensive  (50-60 US$  a pair) and their quality is quite good. I just haven't been lucky enough finding a compatible pair for my car.

Went to my local dealer today and she said that they've stopped selling them in Greece as have had lots of issues with them ruining the rubber seals. Whether that's actually true or not, is another thing entirely... :D
  • 2021 i30 1.5 Dpi 110hp

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Went to my local dealer today and she said that they've stopped selling them in Greece as have had lots of issues with them ruining the rubber seals. Whether that's actually true or not, is another thing entirely... :D
I don't see how the visors would ruin the seals :confused: The visors stick on the outside with 3M tape.

Offline Sunbeamti

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North West
Hi, I fitted some Heko deflectors last year with no problems, leaks or rubber damage. Purchased from thier EBAY shop for £37.50 UK GB
  • i30 N Performance (2021)

Offline Endeavor

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      BC
Aliexpress has them. Direct from China.  Cannot attest personally for fit and quality, but reviews are decent. Make sure to select i30  / FD.
  • 2012 Elantra Touring FD 2.0 Auto

Offline DAZZA I30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
I went with genuine Hyundai wind deflectors. Fitted perfectly & look great. Didn't want to take the risk with aftermarket deflectors.
  • 2020 Hyundai i30 PD 2.0 White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal