i30 Owners Club

Intake manifold

Offline nvo2002

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gippsland
After re-routing the crankcase breather from my i30crdi  diesell Auto 1.6 d4fb  out below the engine ie Atmosphere; took  a look past the  throttle body into the intake manifold.It had approximately 1mm of black oily sludge coating the whole inside.Upon further inspection I also noticed a little bit of oil from the top of the outlet  pipe of the intercooler.When i have time I will pull the entire inlet system  pipes and all and clean the whole lot.I can only assume that the oily sludge is either coming from the crankcase breather hence the reason why it was re routed  or  the turbo centre bearing is leaking oil .
Since owning the car since New 2012. The economy was brilliant 5.2L/100km but as time progressed it gradually went to 7.0L/100km.
The car was always serviced  by the local Hyundai dealer and they said they said it was  the way we (wife) drives.I even tried turning ac off and no improvement.
So I am looking for my own fix.

Oh by the way cars only done 40000km

Regards Andrew

• I30cw 1.6crdi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's the problem,  you are not driving it enough... I think I did about 68k in 28 months when we had our FD diesel and she averaged around 5.4 the whole time...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal